VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm testing the waters with my Passat W8. I bought the car somewhat recently and have put a lot of work into it since then but wouldn't mind getting something different if someone wanted to buy it. Right up front, the car is high mileage with almost 190,000mi, it is my daily driver so that will go up. The car will need an ABS Control Module. This is a hard part to find but repair kits are available on ECS tuning and from VW/Audi. Unfortunately the ABS issue causes a CEL after about 30 miles of driving so it will need to be done to pass most state inspections. Will possibly need an Oil cooler in the near future and the parking brake does not work. All other mechanical things have been addressed with it in the past 6 months. It got new spark plugs and coil packs, the valve cover gaskets were replaced, the cam adjusters were given "shock therapy" and work perfectly. All faulty abs sensors were replaced (which is how the module was diagnosed being the only thing left), vehicle speed sensor in the front diff was replaced, coolant was flushed, recent oil change (Always full synthetic),
headlight housings were replaced, and it just got brand new tires. The car has some modifications, it's on KW coilovers, and is straight piped (cats are still installed). The oil pressure sensor was replaced and oil pressure was mechanically tested in the block to verify, but car will warn about oil pressure when cold (center screen lights up and beeps) but when car is up to temp it has no such issue. The body shows the mileage but has no rust or rot. Just dings and some scrapes here and there. No leaks, suspension is solid without any odd noises, brakes are in good standing. It pulls strong and the transmission shifts nicely. The car isn't perfect. It needs love. I'm slowly working on getting it where it needs to be but am open to someone buying it and continuing on with it. Would like $2,500 for it but am open to reasonable offers or trades even. Pm me if interested, for photos, or have any questions about the car, I'll be happy to answer them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts