VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Making the difficult decision to part ways with my MKV. This car has been wonderful and exceeded my expectations. This is a very well maintained 2005 MKV Jetta 2.5L 5 speed manual. I would keep this beast however I am switching to the SUV world (for mountains/winters) and don’t have any room in my garage. Everything on the car works. I bought the car about 6 years ago from a guy in PA with 160k miles (80% were highway commuter miles - was in excellent shape at that time and still is). Now it has about 216k miles, which you would never know. Most people ask if it’s newer - I suppose since I’ve upgraded or replaced nearly everything. She runs very well - the best engine and chassis VW ever made and this is living proof. The clutch is still in excellent shape (should last forever if used right!). Since I’ve owned that car I’ve done more jobs myself than I can count. I've rebuilt the entire suspension with upgraded performance coilovers (stiff and low), new performance end links, all new strut mounts/bolts/everything for suspension. I’ve upgraded all engine mounts to performance BFI Stage I, replaced the battery last year, and fixed any electrical issues that cropped up over time. Including replacing the front driver door wiring harnesses that commonly fails. Multiple engine jobs and tons of exterior/interior upgrades. The car has an upgraded stereo (from MK6 Jettas) that includes Bluetooth.

Will post more photos once I detailed in next couple days. These pictures are all within last 1-2 years only difference is more rust on fenders :(

VIN: 3VWSF71K75M633497
Mileage: 216,000

Engine Specs:
2.5L Engine 5 speed manual
United Motorsport Stage 1 - 93 Octane Tune
Neuspeed Cold Air Intake
Red Top Coil Packs
IE Oil Vacuum Delete
AWE Cat Back Performance Exhaust Track Edition (muffler delete)
Short Shifter upgrade with aluminum Shifter Bushings
BFI Stage One Engine mount Upgrades (dogbone also replaced with ECS tuning dog bone insert upgrade)
Oil: Liquid Moly-Gen 5w-40 with ceratec (changed religiously with german oil filters every 6 months or 5000 miles)
NGK Laser Platinum spark plugs replaced in 2016
Battery replaced 1 year ago
Transmission fluid flush done within last 50k miles
Brake line flush done within last 50k miles

Exterior Specs:
Rear lip Spoiler
Windshield replaced
Tinted windows
OEM roof rack bars with custom windshield and bike rack
Refaced entire front of car including honeycomb black out front grill and side grills, headlight housing upgraded to black, black headlight eyelids
Smoked turn signals
Smoked puddle lights
Upgraded LED door lights
HID system headlights installed
Fog lights installed
Tail Lights upgraded to Euro LED black tail lights
LED license plate lights
Front and Rear Brakes pads/rotors/bolts replaced within last 12 months (just did rears in November 2021)
Replaced front wheel bearings/hubs on both front wheels
Replaced O2 sensor
Deleted brake pad warning sensor
Replaced front driver side door wiring harness

Interior Specs:
Black and silver Raceseng heavy 470g black derlin shift knob
Upgraded VW Stereo Unit w/ Bluetooth
ZiZa LED lighting system throughout interior - all bulbs replaced with LED
R Pedals
Refreshed Door Panels (multiple new plastic components/handles/switches)
Replaced sunroof switch
Upgrade head light switch module for fog lights
Cabin filter replaced every 6 months
Multiple coding changes via VAGCOM interface to improve functionality features

Suspension Specs:
Solowerks green and orange Coilovers (adjustable with perches)
ECS tuning strut mount kits all 4 corners
ECS tuning end links
New suspension bolts and axle bolts

Wheels:
17" OZ rims black and silver (rash damage/scrapes)
Goodyear Eagle Sport tires within last 15k miles (12/2019)

Bad:
Dings and scratches from the age of the car
Rust on the front wheel arches
Wheel curb rash

The only ugly part of the car is some nonstructural cosmetic body damage. There are some scratches and dings around the vehicle. There is some rust cancer now developing on both right and front fenders. I’ve been meaning to replace these myself (but ended up in the market for a SUV) as it is very easy to get new paint matched panels from junkyards (even in Denver there were several options for cheap <$100 each). Just haven't gotten around to it. No major rust or issues underneath or on other parts of the body. I did in fact replace the windshield as well a couple years ago.

This car is one step away from the next performance boost - a turbo and a downpipe. As it was mostly my daily driver I never made this step - although you bet I really wanted to.

This car is in excellent interior and mechanical shape. The exterior is also in good shape overall minus some rust (easy replacement for fenders) and a few dings so could use some TLC there. I’ve put well over $10,000 in upgrades myself and it has definitely more room for fun performance mods! Open to offers! I am willing to negotiate. Please send me a message with any questions or if you want more photos. Located in Denver, CO.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Sky
Wheel Sky Tire Land vehicle Car

je
Car Vehicle Grille Automotive tire Hood

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Grille Plant Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
^ Lol. Yeah... it sucks but you can't expect to get paid back for your mods. So it might be painful, but compare what other 16 year old Jetta 2.5s with 216k miles are going for, then maybe, maybe add 20-25% because this one is so nice.

Good luck!

P.S. if you decide to part it out first and go back to near stock, you might make more cash overall. And, I might buy some of your parts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ Lol. Yeah... it sucks but you can't expect to get paid back for your mods. So it might be painful, but compare what other 16 year old Jetta 2.5s with 216k miles are going for, then maybe, maybe add 20-25% because this one is so nice.

Good luck!

P.S. if you decide to part it out first and go back to near stock, you might make more cash overall. And, I might buy some of your parts.
great point. Yeah I agree. Thank you for the advice!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Yes again as I mentioned before it’s not letting me post in classifieds for some reason. Tried for quite some time. Unfortunately. Any advice how to make that happen would be greatly appreciated!
I don't get it. It's just a different sub-forum, the "create post" button is in the same exact spot in the upper right of the page. Refresh your page when on the mk5 cars forum, maybe.

·
Registered
10,457 Posts
Yes again as I mentioned before it’s not letting me post in classifieds for some reason. Tried for quite some time. Unfortunately. Any advice how to make that happen would be greatly appreciated!
Still not working...............Contact one of the forum staff and they can see why you can not post in there or they can move it there Staff members

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.