VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: 2008 Audi TT 3.2 w/ upgrades, chains done

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

For sale is my Sahara Silver 2008 Audi TT 3.2 Quattro with Audi Magride.
I originally purchased the car from Premier Nissan San Jose near San Fransisco in November 2014, and kept it in Los Angeles until I moved to Boston in June 2016. Always garaged, never smoked in, California car which means no New England rust.

For sale as-is, no warranty except Audi 10yr/100k mile extension on transmission only.

NO TRADES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Additional pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/ETELb
YouTube videos:
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=jtenf2TXKgs
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=4rB5NslUz40
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=KZfZjavBtM4
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Q0ZjJws54Os

About the Car
For those that don't know, this TT has same 3.2L VR6 engine, DSG transmission, and Haldex AWD from the 2008 R32. It is essentially an R32 coupe with Audi R8 bits inside. This was only available on 2008 and 2009 TT as an option. During my ownership I've added TTS bumpers and skirts, TTRS grill and E-code headlights, and custom leather steering wheel. The TTS body has REALLY modernized the car and you'll see it in the pictures. I'm constantly asked if the car is 2012 or newer. The exhaust has USP high flow cats, and a Magnaflow resonator for a little more R32-like sound. It also has Techtonics Tuning 264/260 cams and a United Motorsports tune.

This car won Best-in-Class, Audi Other at Volksbahn 2016! You won't find another Mk 2 TT 3.2 that looks this good. If you want to change the color I have a good friend with a vinyl wrapping business (East Cost Auto Styling) that really wants to wrap the car!

Wheels
The TT will include the Factory 18x8.5 10-spoke wheels with relatively new all season tires (8/32nd tread).

Title Status
Clean title! USAA is currently the Lien-holder on the car and it is registered in Arizona. I've bought and sold multiple vehicles that had liens and the process is simpler than most people realize. Unfortunately it does make the purchase take a few days while banks mail documents around. I'm more than happy to facilitate the process and make sure you have everything you need to register the car appropriately.

Price
I'm asking $16,500 OBO. I know this is higher than KBB, and the market (although market is higher than KBB too), but the visual and performance mods are worth substantially more than that in parts alone. Performance-wise the car doesn't really need anything at all if you plan to keep it naturally aspirated.

I am selling the car because I wanted to get back into a car with a manual transmission and older, so I ended up with a Mk4 R32....what can I say? I'm a VW guy!

Major Maintenance Performed:
  • Timing chains, guides, sprockets, and exhaust cam adjuster replaced Spring 2016
  • Transmission and dual-mass flywheel replaced Spring 2016 (under warranty)
  • Thermostat housing and coolant "Crack Pipe" replaced w/ aluminum Spring 2016
  • All front suspension bushings replaced Spring 2016
  • Serpentine belt tensioner and idle pulleys replaced 2015/2017
  • Regular oil changes every year, including Haldex oil late 2014
  • Oil change with Mobile1 0W-40 June 2017
I try to do as much of my own maintenance as I can on my cars (except for the timing chains and warranty stuff above). You wouldn't believe how many times I brought my cars home from a dealership or tire shop that over-torqued EVERYTHING. I trust very few people to do it right on my cars. To that effect, I'll include the special TT/R8 jack pad that you need when lifting the car up with a floor jack. I don't have the OEM "Widow Maker" half-scissor jack, but trust me...you don't want it. Just call roadside assistance if you ever get a flat. I've seen those jacks tear huge chunks of metal out of the car because the car slid an inch while it was jacked up from the OEM jack. I also have the factory muffler if you wish to revert it back to stock.

Current Issues:
  • Pre-cat O2 sensors are causing a check engine light. Will replace them this week.
Cosmetic/Interior Mods and Upgrades:
  • OEM TTS Body kit
  • OEM TTRS E-Code Bi-Xenon headlights w/ LED DRLs
  • Xenonz TTRS front grill
  • OEM TTRS custom leather wrapped steering wheel with red center stripe
  • OEM Updated trigger style TT DSG shift knob
  • OEM TT S-line rear exhaust valance
  • OEM phone cradle delete
  • Custom dome light red LED center console illumination
  • Custom VR6 front grill badge
  • OEM Golf R brake anti-rattle clips
  • Golf R logo valve stem caps
  • Custom Red epoxy painted brake calipers
  • S2T Aluminum shift paddles
Performance Mods and Upgrades:
  • Techtonics Tuning 264/260 camshafts
  • United Motorsports Engine Tune
  • Integrated Engineering EGR block-off & Secondary Air Injection Pump (SAIP) delete
  • SuperPro Anti-Lift Kit and lower control arm bushings
  • 034 Engine and transmission mounts
  • 034 Rear sway bar and adjustable end links
  • Neuspeed Dogbone insert
  • TyrolSport Deadset subframe bushing kit
  • TyrolSport Brake caliper stiffening kit
  • Stoptech Slotted rotors
  • Hawk HPS brake pads
  • Gruven Parts billet aluminum crack pipe
  • K&N Drop-in intake filter
  • USP billet aluminum DSG filter housing
  • USP high flow cats
  • Magnaflow 14" resonator
I maintain a very large spreadsheet that lists every part and service that was put into the car that includes part numbers, date, mileage, installer, purpose, etc. that I will provide with the car. If you'd like to see it just let me know in an email. Unfortunately I don't have the records from the previous owners, but given the major maintenance I've done listed below, they won't really matter much.

Email: [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts