VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
500e, Exige
22,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
More photos here: Audi TT Mk2 3.2 quattro 6-speed manual 8J
SOLD

• Ibis White over Black with enhanced leather interior option (leather on gauge cluster cover, sides of center console, and armrest padding on doors)
  • Rare 6-speed manual transmission
  • 3.2L VR6 engine (same engine as Volkswagen Golf R32)
  • quattro all-wheel-drive (Haldex)
  • ~91,000 miles
  • No present service needs or malfunctions. This car is ready to go! I would drive it cross-country at a moment's notice.
  • Never seen snow under my ownership
  • Set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S summer tires with fewer than 3000 miles on them.
  • In 2019, the factory 18" wheels were refinished and powdercoated gloss black. No curb rash on any wheel.
  • Original owner. I ordered the car in early 2007, picked up the car in late summer 2007 in the Los Angeles area, and a second owner in south Texas acquired the car in 2008. I bought the car back in 2013. Under my ownership, the car has always been serviced by the local Audi dealer.
  • 1 minor collision -- rear bumper cover in 2008 following a low-speed impact by my friend. Car retains clear title.
  • Black vinyl wrap on mirrors and front filler plate. Removable.
  • Window tint was added to protect the interior while driving around sunny Arizona, although the car has always had covered parking or a garage so it would not sit in the sun. Removable.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
GLWS. I traded a MK5 R32 for another Ibis 6MT 3.2 MK2 TT in 2013, except the dealer didn't wire my down payment in time to the selling dealer that had the TT listed and they sold it. It was a terrible decision that I made since my wife was pregnant with our first child and the TT was going to be my daily (imagine shoehorning in a rear facing convertible seat into the back seat of this car!) so it was fortunate that it didn't work out, but this car is still the "one that got away" since I loved everything about my R32 except the DSG.

·
Premium Member
500e, Exige
22,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GLWS. I traded a MK5 R32 for another Ibis 6MT 3.2 MK2 TT in 2013, except the dealer didn't wire my down payment in time to the selling dealer that had the TT listed and they sold it. It was a terrible decision that I made since my wife was pregnant with our first child and the TT was going to be my daily (imagine shoehorning in a rear facing convertible seat into the back seat of this car!) so it was fortunate that it didn't work out, but this car is still the "one that got away" since I loved everything about my R32 except the DSG.
Was that one in Kansas by chance? I came close to buying another Ibis TT 3.2 6MT in 2013 but the dealer sold it too fast. It worked out in the end because my old car came up for sale and I bought it back. I still cannot believe I found this car again 5 years later and bought it back. The TT will be missed

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Was that one in Kansas by chance? I came close to buying another Ibis TT 3.2 6MT in 2013 but the dealer sold it too fast. It worked out in the end because my old car came up for sale and I bought it back. I still cannot believe I found this car again 5 years later and bought it back. The TT will be missed
No, this one was at Grand Prix Motors in Portland, Oregon. It had a Milltek exhaust, some nice carbon fiber interior bits and a flat bottom steering wheel with a lip spoiler on the back.

·
Premium Member
500e, Exige
22,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To the top. The local Audi dealer just completed an inspection and confirmed this car needs nothing.

·
Registered
Exige & LS430 UL
17,572 Posts
Wow, this thing is super clean. Perfect spec IMO. Wish it was closer as I would be very tempted to pick it up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts