VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes you're absolutely right. After I checked this afternoon there were only 3 other Golf R's in Canada listed on Kijiji, and 1 2012. Prices ranged from $41,070 to $44,995.

Surprisingly enough, a price lower than expected can often arouse suspicion just as one higher than expected can turn people away.

Thanks for including the link to Auto Trader. I didn't realize that was permitted.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
If this was 2 Door it would have been sold already. I have Cash in Hand and Waiting for 2-Door. :mad:

I would buy he one from the US but then theres warranty issues and i have to look at A stupid MPH custer all the time. That would drive me nuts.

·
Registered
11,260 Posts
If this was 2 Door it would have been sold already. I have Cash in Hand and Waiting for 2-Door. :mad:

I would buy he one from the US but then theres warranty issues and i have to look at A stupid MPH custer all the time. That would drive me nuts.
Um.... you will NEVER find a two door with a kph cluster that wasn't either imported and cluster swapped (warranty issues) or hacked apart and made a two door at a body shop (um... tons of issues).

Canada did not get 2 door Golf R's. End of story.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also considered importing a 2-DR from NY but was advised VW USA and VW Canada became separate companies several years ago, so warranties are not transferable between the two countries.

Each will honor the other's warranty for emergency repairs while traveling, but once a US vehicle is imported into Canada and registered here, VW Canada will not honor the US warranty for routine warranty service. The car has to be returned to the US.

A 4-DR fully loaded Golf R is the only model available in Canada, whereas in the US a 2-DR version is available, as well as lesser equipped 2-DR and 4-DR models.

I'm quite sure IP Clusters have to be changed over to metric when imported into Canada. Between the full HST being payable on imported vehicles, the expensive metric IP changeover, and no warranty in Canada, (and lately, the US/Can exchange rate) I gave up on the idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts