VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my never installed (although I’ve absolutely tried!) TyrolSport Harness bar for $400+shipping. I’ll pay to have it properly boxed for shipping.

I’ve spent way too much time trying to make this work. I’ve concluded that it’s simply not correct for a 2-door MK6. I fully believe that it will install into a 4-door without any problems at all, as that was the car that the guys had as a shop car.

There are significant differences in the B-Pillars between the 2-door and the 4-door. Those differences are enough that the actual harness bar should be shorter in length across the car to allow the mounting hardware to not bind. I tried absolutely every way possible to get this bar to successfully mount in the car. However, if you are planning to retain your factory belts those have to be mounted in the bottom hole of the B-Pillar bracket that comes with the kit and in doing so the bar will not mount properly in the car.

So...I’m selling this off...it’s an “AS IS..WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET”...and if you have a 2-door MK6 GTI or R I absolutely do not guarantee it will fit in to car if you choose to purchase it. Now, if you are stripping your interior and don’t have a plan for typical factory belts...then you might be able to make it work.

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still have this, and it’s now fully boxed and ready to ship. Had a Tex member that wanted it...and he’s gone coms out. So...it’s still available

The bar and all of the parts are individually wrapped and then taped all together. It should arrive in good shape and not get banged around like it did when it first shipped to me in plastic bags and an oversized box.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts