VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All these cars have to go to make way for a Corrado. Lets start with the '84 Silver Cabby. I brought this one back from Alabama last year and have done everything to it except the paint and the roof. The following parts are all new, European bumpers w/smoked signals, Hella dual headlight grill, H4 headlights w/city lights, Duck bill front spoiler, Neuspeed 1.5" sport lowering springs, KYB struts, upper strut mounts & bump stops, Front & rear brakes, CV boots, front wheel bearings, Konig J-spec 15" wheels & Kuhmo tires. The following parts are used but in very good condition, FF code trans(high gears for hwy driving), Black & grey cloth sport interior, Weber big throat TB, Neuspeed upper & lower braces, Sony Face off CD player w/ Kicker 4x6 fronts 7 Alpine 3.5" rears. I also have a few other parts that are not on the car yet, New-Kamie upper grill spoiler, Used-Neuspeed front sway bar, new fender flares and an amp and sub. I have over $4500 Canadian invested in it right now and no that does not include any labour-just parts. So I would like to get at least $4500 out of it the way it sits or $3500 with out the wheels and if the buyer wants to work out a deal for the parts that are not yet installed or to have a new top put on we can try to work something out. I sell tops(Vinyl or Canvas) as well as install them so I would give the buyer a real good deal.
Now for the 86 VR6 Jetta(blue). I bought this car as an unfinished project and it has remained that way due to lack of time. The car is going to be real nice when its finished-not to mention FAST! The swap is 90% completed. It just needs the fuel & brake lines run and the interior wiring done. I was quoted $500 to get it finished at a shop in Toronto. Everything except the interior and body is 94 Corrado. The driveline has ~90000kms the full ABS/traction control was used, front 11" brakes, full rear axle w/rear discs(all 5lug), the Corrado exhaust hangers were welded to the floor of the Jetta and the full Factory exhaust was installed(still needs the tip cut off and an extention piece put in and the tip welded back on to make up for the extra length of the Jetta), The suspension on it right now is 8V and its real low! I have stock suspension from a 93 Corrado w/76000kms to put on it- just need strut mounts. It needs some body work and paint. I have an extra trunk lid with the hard plastic spoiler for it. The interior is stock Jetta blue, the rear seat has head rests but the interior needs to be put back together. It has a working sunroof(hand crank). The wheels are polished 5 spoke 15". I am asking $5000 Canadian for it.

The last is my daily driver for the last 4 years, my 86 4-door Silver Golf. I bought this car with 37000kms on it 4 years ago, it had never been winter driven as the old couple that owned it flew to Florida every year. The car now has 205000kms and counting on it. Always run on synthetic oil since I've owned it. The car still has the factory paint on it! It does need a paint job now though-the clear coat is peeled off the roof and there is very minor rust from nicks and scratches. I have had the car oil sprayed as well. New front G60 motor mount, 4 new Boge struts, bump stops and VR6 strut mounts, 16V Roof mount antena, new water pump, New Awia face off CD player, insalled a trailer hitch and wiring. This car has been very well maintianed! This will be the last of the three I sell. I haven't decided on a price for it yet...
May consider trading the Cabby and VR6 Jetta for a Corrado...

[Modified by Bobcdn, 8:12 PM 9-25-2001]

[Modified by Bobcdn, 12:26 PM 10-14-2001]

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Re: FS; 84 Cabriolet from Alabama-86 VR6 Jetta-86 Golf 4-door. (Bobcdn)

Sounds nice, could you post pics by any chance?

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FS; 84 Cabriolet from Alabama-86 VR6 Jetta-86 Golf 4-door. (vdub07)

I have pics of all three if someone could please post them for me I can email them when I go to my parents house today.
Thanks. Bob.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

What work needs to be done to both cars?
Is the Jetta too low for winter?
Thanks
Louie

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: FS; 84 Cabriolet from Alabama-86 VR6 Jetta-86 Golf 4-door. (T Dot)

Louie,
The Cabby is a daily driver right now and only needs cosmetic work(paint and roof). The Jetta does need the VR6 swap finished, the interior wiring and fuel and brake lines. Other than that it is just a matter of puting the pieces back together. It is presently too low for the winter But I do have stock suspension from a 93 Corrado W/76000kms-(just need the strut mounts witch I can supply at cost).

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

Is the Jetta 'driveable' as is?
If not I probably know someone interested in the Cabby...
Is there anything you left out about the cabby?

Thanks
Louie

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Louie,
No the Jetta is not drivable right now- it is towable though! I have a tow bar that could be used to tow it. We could even work out a price for me to deliver it!

The only things that I cold think of that I left out was that it needs a windshield-seal(the one in it is cracked from the Alabama sun) I have a European one piece rubber seal(no plastic stip) that I will included in the price. I also have another hood for it that is in mint shape, because the one thats on it the bracing has come unglued(I reglued it but...). If the buyer wants new front German fenders(no marker light holes) I will also supply them at cost. One last thing, the shifter in it is an aftermarket piece of... But I have a factory one with 143000kms on it that goes with the car(just haven't had the time to change it!).

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

Im somewhat interested in both cars, but more the Cabrio since it is drivable. Though the price is still high... Is there something we can do about that?
If not I dont want to mislead you or anything
Thanks
Louie

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The price on the Cabby is $4500 the way it sits or $3500 with out the wheels. I now have pictures of both the Cabby and the Jetta i can email.
Bob.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

Please post up some pics.
Thanks
Louie

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

$4500 CASH the way it sits or $3500 CASH with out the wheels. I only deal in CASH. please no tire kickers or time wasters. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,633 Posts

Wow, cool cars...wish I had some $$$ right now, my wife has always wanted a Cabrio...free bump!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

Hmm...
when is good to seen the cabrio?
Friday is probably the best day. Could we meet up somewhere?
Thanks
Louie

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Thanks for the bumps. I have had lots of interest but only one person has come to look at it and she was about to buy it until she seen it was a 5 spd! I told her that I would give her a free leason with the purchase of the car but she said it was too confusing! My Girlfriend won't even drive an automatic!
*** These cars need to go so I can buy my Corrado ! ***

1 - 15 of 15 Posts