VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD!

Open to parting out - feel free to make an offer. would like to sell engine, Megasquirt and wiring harness together, since it runs.

Looking to get $4,500, but open to offers.

Edit: Sorry for slow replies. It has been a while since I was active on Vortex and email notifications weren't working as i expected. Also, I think I have the photos figured out.

Edit 2: running 15 lbs of boost now. Videos of cold start and driving here:

cold start: New video by Justin Hollingsworth

Driving around, about 75% max throttle. Sorry about the blindingly white thighs:
New video by Justin Hollingsworth

I'm hoping to move cross country in the next few months and would like to find a new home for my long time project before moving. I've had it for about 12 years and did the engine swap about 10 years ago. I've done tons of little things over the years as I've had time and money and have kept it in running condition pretty much the whole time. It's super reliable and I even used it as a daily driver for ~2 years. I'm currently living in Fort Collins and I let the registration lapse since I rarely drive it now and I have no idea how it would fare in emissions inspection.

Photos can be found here: photos.app.goo.gl/ygWfrjpc5HcziXd39 (for some reason, it won't let me post photos or links)

It has a ton of really good parts on it and I've thought about parting it out, but would really prefer to sell it as a running car. I'm not really sure how much to ask for it, so feel free to make an offer if you're interested. I could be open to trades, but really only looking for a nice mountain bike or rad old SUV.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or want to come check it out.

summary of mods & parts:

AWP bottom end
AEB head
t3/4 turbo, external wastgate
cast steel exhaust manifold from Black Forest Ind.
custom intake manifold
phenolic intake spacer
TSI ignition coil conversion
2.5" exhaust
3" griffith radiator
Mishimoto intercooler
Tial wastegate
HKS SQV4 blow off valve (makes a great noise)
Watercooled Racing Development mount kit
reinforced front member
VR6 throttle and clutch
Eurovan clutch cable
o2a diesel transmission
o2J shifter / shift tower
Dieselgeeks short shift kit
Custom shift mount
Raceland coilovers
Tie rods flipped
NEW Hankook Ventus HRII tires
Team Dynamic Pro Race wheels
New Walbro fuel pump (255 lph)
Cobra Suzuka Pro carbon fiber seat (valid FIA cert.)
OMP steering wheel
NRG steering wheel adapter (removable steering wheel)
Megasquirt 1 v3, table mount for digital dash using Shadow Dash
E-code headlights

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.