VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1989 Jetta 4 door 5 speed, turbo vr6 swapped. Asking 9,000. Partial trades considered.
Mods:
Engine- all machine work done by schimmel in Pennsylvania.
AAA vr6
Block: Bored out to 3.0 from 2.8 with wössner pistons and schimmel rods.
Arp rod bolts and main studs
New oem oil pump
Cylinder head: 1mm oversize ferrea valves, hd valve springs, titanium retainers and keepers, tectonics 268 cams. Arp head studs and mk4 metal head gasket. Arp exhaust manifold studs. Ported. 9.0-1 compression ratio.
C2 stage 4 630 cc file, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, Bosch 040 in tank fuel pump. Msd coil conversion, ngk bkr7e plugs. Schimmel short runner intake, atp cast exhaust manifold. Gt3076 r ball bearing turbo.
Earls oil cooler with mocal sandwich plate.
Clutch masters fx400 with 4 puck disc, schimmel cro moly flywheel. Peloquin diff and aptuning upgraded 4th gear.
Custom intake and exhaust piping with all stainless, 2.5" boost piping and 3" exhaust, straight through to a borla muffler.
Black Forest stage .5 rear motor and trans mount, vf front mount.
Wilwood 4 piston calipers and g60 front rotors, cross drilled and slotted, and eurospec rear rotors, also cross drilled and slotted, with mk4 rear calipers. Tt rearward bushings in front control arms, new stock rear beam bushings, stainless braided brake hoses all around.
Fifteen52 rml 16" snowflakes, all show clearcoat peel, some curb rash, but all are straight, with almost new 215/35/16 Yokohama s-drive tires.
H&r ultra low coilovers
Shine racing rear sway bar, no front bar. Auto tech upper front and rear strut bars as well as neuspeed 4 point rear stress bar.
Battery moved to trunk
Euro bumpers front and rear, rear is oem from Europe courtesy of orchid euro. Hella heckblende in the rear. Westmoreland headlight setup with hella vision plus h4 bulbs.
Helios recaros with matching hella (momo) steering wheel, vw Motorsport shift knob, helios shift boot. Helios carpet. No headliner currently. No stereo either. Has 42 draft design gauge panel with oil pressure, boost and VEMS wide band gauge with egt plumbed post turbo. Mk3 Jetta instrument cluster.
Original no ac car, from Vermont, cleanest mk2 I've ever owned rust wise. Has a few dings, dent in right from door, but nothing horrible.
I've owned this car for 8 years, it was an n/a diesel when I got it, had a blown head gasket. I am the second owner of this car. I swapped it to vr and drive it for a couple years na, then went to turbo in 2011. Stored indoors every winter since I bought it. This car has gone through many evolutions and all of the bugs have been ironed out. I've driven it to several h20s, waterfests and even a sowo, which is an 1100 mile one way trip from my house. Made it with no issues. It is a seriously fast street car that I drive daily all summer with little to no problems, or at least nothing I didn't cause. When I started out I knew roughly what I was looking for in a car and this car surpassed my vision.
I'm only selling this because I've got my eye on my next project, and this has to go to make way for it. If I had to start counting I'm sure I have over 25 grand into this car the way it sits. I never expected to get it all back. I'm asking what I think is fair for this car. lowballers will be ignored. Album of pics here http://imgur.com/a/kUCPk more can be taken upon request. Car is located in Burlington Vermont, will drive to meet if deposit is given up to 4 hours from here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.