VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FS: 96 Getta vr6 $3,000obo

Well here is my pride and joy, Ive been building her and cannot afford to keep it. The problems are the drivers windows needs new regulator, old one broke. all other windows power and work, sunroof works and does not leak, clutch is good has plenty of life in it. the car has just over 118K. The car was in an accident, has been fixed also has had gti front end conversion done. The car drives straight with no problems. frame is straight car has clean title. have recipets from body shop was a minor fender bender. The car will have new inspection and emmissions, The check engine light is on due to the gutted cat and other performance modafications, This does not effect the way the car drives however does effect emissions. the car is sold as is! and if you need emissions either be friends with your mechanic or get a new cat on it. the car does not have ABS. did come stock but with the brake upgrade the abs had to be removed. the paint is in ok condition, needs to be buffed has some chips and scraches in it, the car is 10 years old, however, the car maybe be 10 years old but will pull on most new car out there with 200HP. This car is quick for what it is. Im asking $4,000 OBO The car does not get the best mileage. about 20-23 city highway mix. depends if you want to get on it. This jetta will do 145+ with the chip installed the stock chip will stop you at 130ish. the car will pull to 145 it has been there. The car has been mechanic owned and maintained its whole life. sold between friends for years. it is a great car just time for me to move on. The car comes with plenty of extra's, Stock wheels and tires, Ported throttle body, anything else i can find laying around. for more pictures email me.
I will trade for a mk3 gti vr6 or any mk4, well just let me know what you have vw or not ill accept decent trades as i picked up a mk2 gti and that will be my dub project for the time being.
The Mods:

Engine:--------------------------------------------------

Ported Throttle body great for track day, Makes the car run funny not good for daily driving but will haul off the line.

Coolant bypassed Throttle body

Ported&gutted MAF

K&N cone/short ram intake

Ported&gasget matched intake manifold

No Cat or rear O2 sensor.

OBX 2.5" stainless mandrell bent catback

DimSport Chip, Comes with stock chip installed, Aftermarket chips give 7hp but have to run 93 octane gas

Brembo drilled/slotted rotors with semimetallic pads.

Secondary air injection deleted

High performance motor mount incerts

Exterior:--------------------------------------------------------

M3 fiberglass sideskirts

Wings west front lip

Smoked turns,side markers

AT italia INOX rims with General UPH tires, Brand new have less then 200 miles on them, car also comes with stock BBS wheels and good eagle all season tires

The car has a GTI/GOLF front end conversion on it.

Also has fiberglass strickly foregine turbo fender, has scoop for intake, real scoop and works.

Interior/system:----------------------------------------------------

Balupunkd Head unit

Kenwood componet speakers

Has wires for AMP and system hookup, will handle 2000 watt amp

Autometer vacuum gauge

Sunpro Air/Fuel gauge

Stock seats, drivers bolster has rip starting to form from wear getting into and out of the car.

Racing pedals, Bolted to stock pedals not pin on.

Modified by Jettadude17 at 2:24 PM 1-9-2007

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i need the money and i need somthing new, not newer like year but im tired of the jetta. you know ive worked that car inside and out, i wanna try something new. if someone would trade me a gti!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nahh but thanks for the idea, i see allot of dubs with the same wheels i have thou, mostly MK4's. yea im gonna scrape off the decals when i sell it, i have active sponcers from half of them but havent been to a show in awhile anyways.

Modified by Jettadude17 at 12:19 AM 11-15-2006

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.