VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD Thanks for all the interest. Enjoy Ericc.:thumbup::thumbup:

somebody please enjoy this car:thumbup:

Hi Everyone, after a lot of debating with myself I am selling my harlequin. I have owned it for 5 years and during that time i have basically gone through and done everything (including many upgrades) that ever needs to be replaced or breaks. Everything was done the right way, no shortcuts, I had planned on keeping this car for the long haul but i don't have the time to enjoy it like it should be. The Car has been put away for the past 8 winters in dry storage, oil changed every 3k or yearly whichever comes first (I have hardly put 2k on the car for the past 2 summers.)

The car is an absolute blast to drive and turns more heads then a ferarri (no lie). Car is very reliable and ready to go!

Here are the specs:

1996 Golf Harlequin #19/264
Pistachio Green Base

Engine
o VR6 Swap with ~138K
o Recent Timing Chain Service with All Hardware, Water Pump, Thermostat

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm interested in it. I'm in Mass too. Do you have the stock rims/headlights?
I have a set of stock headlights I can swap in if you would like. As for the rims, they were just base mk3 rims, nothing special to the harlequin, since the car has been swapped over to a 5 lug setup they would not fit anyway. Basically any mk3 or mk4 5X100 rims will fit on the car so you have a lot of options if you dont like the ones that come with it.

Let me know when you would like to come check out the car.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Any interest in a trade? I know it's a long shot, but it has a BUILT aba and it's got a fresh coat of chagall blue and a cleaned up interior. let me know, beautiful harlequin, man. :thumbup:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any interest in a trade? I know it's a long shot, but it has a BUILT aba and it's got a fresh coat of chagall blue and a cleaned up interior. let me know, beautiful harlequin, man. :thumbup:

Hey, nice looking car, Im trying to get down to one car for a while, I just dont have the time right now to devote to 2 cars. Thanks for the offer tho.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you buy this car in NH??? I know the guy that did the swap:thumbup::thumbup:

BTW, those are Monte Carlos not Long beaches.
Hey, yeah I did. Yeah, he did a great job on the swap and has done some more work on it since I bought it. Thanks for the heads up on the rims :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Yes they are santa monicas but you are again wrong as the mk4 crowd has re-labeled them on Monte carlos and since that style rim belongs to the mk4 crowd... we get a say in what they will be called!!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts