VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 GTI VR6 for sale. It has almost 90,000 miles on it. I bough this car from upon3 last year, and he bought it from Jeffrey B.
$5950 obo, no trades, no part out.
I would rate this car as very reliable. Mechanically the car is in excellent condition. The engine idles and runs very smooth. The trans shifts very smooth. The brakes are in excellent working condition. The air conditioning works and is very cold, the heat is very hot.
You may notice in photos that the rear bumper is slightly askew, I got stuck in snow and was pulled out and a bumper bracket was broken in the process. I will have this taken care of before the sale. The body is in very good condition, as is the paint. Everything on the car works except the cruise control.
The oem steering wheel had a broken airbag harness plug and was not connected when I bought the car and the wheel itself was a little ratty, as a result I have removed it and replaced it with a mint non-airbag corrado steering wheel. I will include the old wheel and airbag with the sale of the car. I will also include the oem tinted gti tail lights.
If I think of anything else, I will edit this ad accordingly.
I bought it in August of 2007. I am selling it because I want an awd 4 door wagon.
ITEMS BELOW IN ITALICS ARE THINGS I HAVE DONE PERSONALLY. Items NOT in italics are carried over from previous for sale threads for this vehicle.
Modifications:
new TT exhaust with dual borla mufflers
All red tails
euro Golf GTI rear badge
Amber euro front turn signals
OEM votex rook rack

Red tuning shocks and struts
Eibach lowering springs
Upper front stressbar
Tinted windows
Apine CD head unit w/iPod cable built-into center console
Unknown make VR6 computer performance chip

Parts and/or service work (since April 2006)
Alternator
Rebuildable GAP tensioner pulley
Starter
Oilpan
valve cover gasket
drained trans fluid and replaced with syncromesh
new spark plugs
new spark plug wires

Timing chains and guides
Clutch
Slave cylinder
Rear main seal
Thermostat housing
Crack pipe
Water pump
Serpentine belt
Intake gaskets
Exhaust gaskets
Spark plugs
Thermostat
Fan switch
All filters (Air, oil, and fuel)
All fluids (oil, coolant, brake fluid, gear oil, etc.)
New front brakes
New motor mounts
New PS rack boots
New front strut bearings
New rear dust boots and bump stops
AC flush and fill (new o-rings)
New factory headlights
New paint (basecoat/clearcoat, car disassembled for paint)
New Fuba radio antenna and internal antenna wiring (AM radio works!)

Pics that I have for now, these are very recent. I will get interior and engine bay shots as soon as I can.

Modified by dubfanatic at 8:09 PM 9-11-2008

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: FS: 97 GTI VR6, ~88K, candy white, Northern IL, $5,950 OBO (dubfanatic)

Turns out she needs a bumper clip as expected, should have that on next week. It also needs an outer cv boot on the drivers side. I will also get that sorted out.
I'll be honest with you guys, if I keep her, I intend to put stock springs back on the car. I have already ordered a set. Its got nice stance but its too low for my tastes in a daily driver at this point.
Raining pretty good here so interior shots will have to wait. I will respond to pending instant messages shortly..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.