VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started pulling things for the swap. I've got the following:

Original equipment metal radiator. No leaks. Worked perfectly, but got to relocate it for the swap. Also had the fan and shroud and the super hard to find in good condition AC condenser. Upper attachment came off easy with pb blaster and propane torch. Threads look a little worse for wear, but they're still there. Will separate the radiator, condenser, and fan assembly.

New-ish (less than 500 miles) brass Bosch injectors. I added the air shroud hats from the old injectors. Set of 5.

Injector lines with good ends. For all 5 injectors and the cold start injector too.

Fuel dizzy assembly that was working great. Attached to air box. You can have the whole assembly. No need for it anymore.

Low mileage distributor cap and wires. Less than 3000 miles max.

Cylinder head with 104k miles. Again, engine ran beautifully.

Block is just gonna go for scrap unless someone local wants it.

Transmission it's junk due to the shop breaking the bellhouse at the slave cylinder. Why they were trying to knock the roll pin out with the transmission still in the car is a mystery to me. I provided them with the full clutch and both cylinders and an 034 slave line. Idiots.
On that note, I still have the clutch disc and pressure plate. Lost the other parts....

I'll get pics of the other parts tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Injectors. I knocked the air shroud hat off that one and will replace it before sending them out. But it gives a good view of the business end of the injector.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Radiator cardboards are spoken for, cruise control system is also spoken for.

Got a nice simple exhaust if anyone is local. Free to a good home. It's solid and quiet.

Catalytic converter with O2 sensor too. Good shape. $25

I'll pull the downpipe soon. $20

Forgot to mention the air intake boot. $25

Cylinder head, will need exhaust studs.
$25

AC Hose from compressor to condenser. It's in really good shape. $20

More pics to follow.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Would you be willing to sell the engine mounts off the block? I need a set.
Maybe, I still need to figure out the mounting of the new engine. Pretty sure these will be useless to me, but just in case...I'll let you know ASAP. Raining here now, so maybe tomorrow I can check.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Okay, no worries. Take your time because I'm not in need of them asap and actually I don't really need them for mounting an engine. I need them for index points for building a set of mounts for my AAN that I'm swapping into my QSW. The engine is being mounted 2-3 inches further back and AAN/large chassis mounts are way different than small chassis ones and my QSW is still driving with the original 5 pot otherwise I'd just use those!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice! Are you using a front mount radiator and intercooler? And are you running A.C.?
Once I get things mocked up, I'll be able to figure out my setup. It'll be nice to have the extra space up front with the 4-cyl in mine. That side mounted radiator has always been a PITA. Cooling a normally aspirated pig of an engine was a problem, think about the heat from boosted engines...
I'll figure out the mounts as soon as possible and let you know. Are you sticking with the 016 transmission?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Nice! Are you using a front mount radiator and intercooler? And are you running A.C.?
Once I get things mocked up, I'll be able to figure out my setup. It'll be nice to have the extra space up front with the 4-cyl in mine. That side mounted radiator has always been a PITA. Cooling a normally aspirated pig of an engine was a problem, think about the heat from boosted engines...
I'll figure out the mounts as soon as possible and let you know. Are you sticking with the 016 transmission?

BIG front mount intercooler. Radiator is going in the boot. This is being worked into an actual race car haha so no A.C.
But with the 4 cylinder you should have tons of space up front compared to the 5 cylinder (hence the reason I'm moving the engine back). I can only imagine that piece of crap side mount rad trying to cool anything boosted whether it was getting 5 psi or 25 psi of boost lol.
As for the transmission I've got an 01E 6 speed dogbox with a high rear bias torsen center diff.
But whenever you get a chance with the mounts is cool! No rush!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That sounds great. I'm going with an 01e 6 5-spd myself. Gearing won't be perfect, but it'll work just fine. Got a set of RS2 style mounts from a guy in Romania. Just gotta figure out the cv and driveshaft situation. Got an RA4 flywheel and b5 S4 clutch to make the 01e work. I might have to do something with the brake booster as it will possibly be in the way... we'll see. Might have to with a different setup.

·
Registered
37 Posts
May be interested in AC condenser. What would you let that go for?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.