VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Catback exhaust was purchased 2 years ago for one of my Jettas. The exhaust is still in good shape, but obviously not new. A little rusty in spots where sections made contact. Also had to make a "slit" cut in a pipe to remove it from another section since clamping made it impractical to pull apart. Exhaust is for a Jetta. Came off a 2.0 to be exact.

Exhaust retails $240 new, selling for $125.

Not shipping. Pickup only. Come see it for yourself.

Buyer would also have to source new clamps since the old steel ones were cut to remove the exhaust.

Pictures added.
Pictures added.

Also, now willing to ship at buyers expense.
Also, now willing to ship at buyers expense.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pictures added.

Tailpipe, post-muffler.

Centerpipe, between catalytic converter and resonator.

Resonator and muffler.

Following two pictures are of slits that were cut into the muffler and resonator during removal. They were cut clean and not deep so after assembly everything will be snug. Both sides of muffler have slits since both are female ends, and one side of resonator has a slit since one is a male end and other is female. Honestly, in my opinion the exhaust should have been made like that anyways since taking them apart was virtually impossible.

And everything all together. As mentioned, buyer would need to get clamps, but that should not be an issue. All hanger-clamps for the exhaust will be included but the "U" part of the clamp is what was cut. Simply purchase the right size exhaust clamp from auto parts store and just use the "U" portion of the clamp with the hanger-clamps I will provide to mount the exhaust.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be honest it's most likely the same. I was driving two aba jettas this summer, one had a magnaflow and the other had this techtonics. This one seemed stock compared to the magnaflow.

So its not loud at all. Really quiet compared to most. I think the tectonics with borla were louder. If I am not mistaken their muffler is straight through so the exhaust wasn't muffled as much as dynomax.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.