VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have for sale a ecu with Giac's k04/e05 tune on it which i ran on my car for about a year. Its full ecu all you need is to swap it and have vag com for the immobilizer and your all good. Need this gone asap that's why price is low!
last ecu code is DL for your knowledge

· Registered
4,676 Posts
Couple of questions...any chance this will work with the AWP provided my ecu ends with DL? Do you know how much HP you made with it? Im located in NJ as well.
You need a GIAC dealer to reconfigure the coding for your VIN.

· Registered
4,676 Posts
PM'd

I was reading up on the aww/awd ecu swap looks like all you would need is an immobilizer defeat i can ask arnold at pagparts if he can do this.
That is with a stock ECM. You are selling a GIAC flash. It must be recoded to the SKU/VIN of the new car & cluster. You cannot do this with vag-com it must be done by a GIAC dealer is my understanding. I will delete this post if Arnold states otherwise (I'm not trying to ruin your thread)but unless you are a GIAC dealer there is no way to exchange used software.

· Registered
269 Posts
Straight from Peter at GIAC USA:

Yes you can use a previously programmed ECU, BUT* you will need to "exchange the liscence to use in your vehicle which will be $200.00 plus shipping. you can't mobilizer defeat it, because it will trigger a security breach and lock the ecu. (this ensures no one else can copy/re-use your ecu flash which is why the flash is VIN specific.

Else/Or

Just call up your local performance shop, GIAC flash it for $450, or custom mapped tuning for the same price.:thumbup: personally love the custom flash, they flash your ecu about a dozen times, load test every time and give you a free flash. reliability. not even an issue.

Get it done the proper way, or don't do it at all!

my 0.02 cents.

Cheers:beer: and good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.