VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asking $8,400 firm.
Kelly Blue book value in between "Good" and "excellent" condition is around $9300
Subtract what is needed to bring the car to excellent condition (see below discriptions for more detail):
front tires-300
front brakes -300
headlamps -200
misc. (front vent part, rear seat latch part, Glovebox latch, etc.) -100

97K, mostly mixed use (city/hwy) miles, However, since 60Kmi. 95% highway use (I commute from Ft. Lauderdale to Kendall, 70mi/day 4 days a week). I am the second owner, and purchased the car from Carmax in Dec 2005 with 16Kmi. This car has been very well maintained mechanically and is just outside of Carmax warranty. It's a very solid and sporty vehicle, runs as strong today as when I purchased it. Car has never been in an accident. Have maintenence records
Bridgestone Potenza RE760 sports have some life left, 10% up front (should be replaced soon, subtracted from price) 30% in the rear (rear tires last a long time on this car).
Car is mostly stock, Engine has never been modified or “chipped”. Subtle modifications include:
-Upgraded Infinity component Speakers front and back (6.5in’) and added Infinity Bass-Link powered 10” Subwoofer (very loud and very clean sound system). Note: speakers are still powered by factory head unit (which was just replaced under warranty in this month), Car looks bone stock inside.
-Neuspeed P-Flow intake (K&N filter). Also have Stock Air box.
-Brakes upgraded with Steal braided lines, ATE High temp fluid, Hawk HPS performance pads. (Front Rotors need replacement currently, subtracted from asking price. But the car still Stops VERY quick and controlled as is)
-Smoked corner and reflector lights (have stock yellow reflector lights)
-Have a set of .:R center caps for the wheels, although I have new stock VW caps on now.
-Medium tint (60%?) on all windows (not on windscreen)
-Optima Red Top battery

Has normal wear and tear inside and out, but a few things to note:
-Very small ding on the front right quarter panel and another on the hood from a hail storm. These are not very noticeable, and are the only sheet metal flaws.
-A few slight sctraches (lower rear bumper, and front bumper)
-Missing a lower front vent piece from a run-in with a tire-tread on 95 a few months back (found this part online for $25)
-A-pillar interior liner is starting to come loose, not real bad, just not perfect anymore
-Head lamps could use some polishing or replacement (these are available from $200 with glass lense to $400 for OEM).
-60/40 rear seat; the 40 side needs a new release mechanism (fairly easy to fix with a little know-how, this seems to be a common problem, many DIY instructions on the web)
-Glovebox latch has become “twitchy” requires a light touch when opening, or eventual replacement
Due to Warranty, many of the mechanical parts on this car are fairly new. The Transmission was replaced in July 2009 at Gunther VW, the muffler was replaced due to a rattle at 40Kmi. Suspension components (bushings and such) and drive boots have been regularly replaced as needed. Has new water pump (replaced timing belt and tensioner at that time, have documents). Catalytic converter and flex-pipe were also just replaced. I have taken this car directly to the shop anytime anything was not perfect mechanically.
This is a great car for the enthusiast, or as a daily driver. I drive pretty fast and return an average of around 25mpg, but have gotten as much as 35mpg during trips to Key West (60-65mph)
PM me or e-mail at [email protected]
Thanks.
Photos taken August 2nd 2009

Modified by No.0114 at 11:16 AM 8-14-2009

Modified by No.0114 at 4:41 PM 8-15-2009

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: FS: BMP 20th AE GTI #0114 (No.0114)

Bump.
Clean, unmolested 20th AE at a fair price. right??

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (MK4-87)

Screw Craigslist

Info added to post.
Will add more pictures as soon as possible.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Re: FS: BMP 20th AE GTI #0114 (No.0114)

interested in a trade ?
1963 Ragtop in great condition. Fresh 1776 and Trans.
Just replaced the hubs. Great running car.
Safari Window Just Installed, ice pick doors, cal style bug!
Original Stock Color PPG Dove Blue Paint
Original ragtop, brand new westfalia steering wheel
Has many parts, seat belts, etc that will go with it.
Car has been garage kept through the cold and hot!
Has clear and clean title, is currently registered.
Runs EXCELLENT, starts on the first key turn.
Additional pictures here:
http://table72.com/dove/index.htm
email to [email protected] if interested

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: FS: BMP 20th AE GTI #0114 (akapants)

Nice Ragtop! But not really looking to trade

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (SiKazzVDUB)

Thanks. bump.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (No.0114)

Got a case of the mondays, bump.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

bump

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

A guy was checking out the car last night when I came out after dinner. Perhaps I should slap a FOR SALE sign on her.
Bump.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts