VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
***SOLD***
I have used the BSH PCV Revamp Stage 2 for only 1000 miles, the catch can was emptied and is now ready for shipping. I will be willing to part with the package for $240 shipped compared to the $260+shipping that BSH offers.
The can was full of gas and condensed sludge from the oil blow-by. This is a very effective catch can for the MKV 2.0T engines. It is practically like new, no threads are stripped, matter of fact I probably had some of the plastic fittings on too loose. Still didn't have any leaks and all is well.
The reason for selling is because I have a Passat and the mounting on the radiator support holes for the catch can are not present on the Passat and draining the catch can regularly can become a chore as there is only one not easily accessible place to mount it. Draining on the MKV literally is a 3-5 minute job which is ridiculously easy. I would not be selling this if I had an MKV 2.0T, without a DOUBT! My mistake is your fortune. Everything in the picture below is included...
Email me: [email protected]
Dennis

Modified by sinned at 7:30 PM 11-27-2008

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Re: (sinned)

Quote, originally posted by sinned »
Happy Gobble Gobble...

Bump for you....have one on my GLI and it is non-replaceable. The sludge you drain after the first 500 miles will make it all worth while once you see what is being trapped from re-interring your intake manifold.....hence soaking your valves. Nice product and clean install on MKV!!!
-J. Hines

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: (jhines68mustang)

Quote, originally posted by jhines68mustang »

Bump for you....have one on my GLI and it is non-replaceable. The sludge you drain after the first 500 miles will make it all worth while once you see what is being trapped from re-interring your intake manifold.....hence soaking your valves. Nice product and clean install on MKV!!!
-J. Hines

Thank you for the testament, it really is a good design, just not so convenient on a Passat. No reason you shouldn't have one on a MKV...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts