VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

FS: Built AWW 1.8T motor with accessories - NJ

2K views 46 replies 2 participants last post by  WoLfBuRgJeTTa 
#1 · (Edited)
The motor is an AWW 1.8t out of a 2001 Golf. It had 80K before I built it, it has not been started since the build. I still have all the old internals to show it was in good shape before I built it. Below are pictures before I closed her up. All parts used were brand new.

Asking $3000, serious buyers only. I will ship at buyer's expense.

Willing to trade for any stock motor plus cash.

I also have an 02J transmission with 100mm axle cups and MK3 VR6 axles if you want a complete swap for a MK3 or MK2.

Motor specs include:

-Mahle forged pistons
-SCAT H-beam rods
-ARP head bolts
-New OEM VW oil pump
-All pistons reringed
-All cylinders honed
-All new gaskets including head gasket
-Powdercoated chrome valve cover
-New timing belt and water pump
-New serpentine belt
-No EVAP/PCV/SAI/N249 etc
-IE blockoff plate
-034 breather adaptor with braided lines and 42DD Stealth catch can setup
-Big port intake with 034 transition spacer
-G60 15lb. fly wheel
-Clutchnet 6 puck clutch with Stage 3 Clutchnet pressure plate (228mm)
-ECM with IMMO delete

See less See more
#23 ·
Idk, $3k for a ”built” motor that may or may not run right. I understand that your selling at a price to recoup the money you spent but that may be too much. Take it from me, $5k put into my vr6 swap cause I wanted it. Ended up selling it for not as nearly much as I spent. Just saying. Glws

Sent from my Mytouch 4G via Tapatalk 2.0

#24 ·
I took a lot into consideration when pricing this including bouncing prices off some of the best low ballers I know. IE sells short blocks (that's just a block with no head, not even sure if it comes with an oil pan and pump) with forged pistons and rods for $3700, compared to my complete long block with everything minus the turbo and upgraded clutch and fly wheel. Buildingit yourself would cost this much or more.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.