VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no idea what to ask so 200 will start
will custom fit your sound system for 275
bamboo floor with custom sub box. (if you dont like the idea of the sound system i will replace the bambo where the holes are)
bamboo cost me over 200 alone. its legit real bamboo
mdf board is underneath the bamboo so its strong but also light
under the floor in the spare tire well is a sub enclosure for two 10" subs
also there is a spot for an amp. floor was made so everything is flush.
sound system not included
pics show everything
sorry about the cell pics

Modified by vwcrazydude at 7:33 PM 3-19-2008

Modified by vwcrazydude at 7:33 PM 3-19-2008

Modified by vwcrazydude at 7:35 PM 3-19-2008

Modified by vwcrazydude at 7:37 PM 3-19-2008

· Registered
3,111 Posts
Re: (vwcrazydude)

bump for that....hope u glued it cuz the planks will pop out if not.
i own a flooring company and have made quite a few of these from bamboo, hardwood, vinyl tiles, and custom designed carpet.

· Registered
63 Posts
Re: (shishkabab)

Quote, originally posted by shishkabab »
you should make these with just the bamboo and sell them. either way, free bump for ya

i COMPLETELY agree. ive been wanting to put wood flooring of some sort in my jetta trunk foreveerrrrr. Ive just never had the time/know-how/motivation. That would be kick ass if you made these and sold them.. (for me i would want just the one piece floor with no holes). i def would buy one. How much do you think youd sell em for?

· Registered
3,111 Posts
Re: (vwcrazydude)

Quote, originally posted by vwcrazydude »
what hardwoodflooring

he probably means any type of hardwood flooring. bamboo is typically thinner wider planks as opposed to OAK which can be colored or natural in a much thicker plank but in narrow strips. All in all, should be glued down ultimatly.

· Registered
63 Posts
Re: (dj givv)

Quote, originally posted by dj givv »

he probably means any type of hardwood flooring.

yep. any kind of hardwood flooring that resembles what you show in those pictures. and yes, i would like to be able to access the spare tire..would that be trouble?

· Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (crillforreal)

depends on how you want it. i can make the wood go horizontal like mine, but you will need to take out the floor piece by piece to get to the spare tire. I could make the pieces vertical, but then i would have to make the one side lift up almost like a trap door to get to the spare easily. first way would be cheaper to make but second way would be easier to get to the tire.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.