VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
8,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Feeler: 1966 Mustang

well this is the rundown. its a 66 mustang coupe with a 302 and a T-5 swap. it was my first car. i drove it all throughout high school and even took my now wife on our first date in this car. its been a awesome car and it deff gets you attention.
the motor runs strong. body is good for what it is. floors are solid. the only real issue it has right now is the brake lights/ turn signals do not work. i suspect a bad ground somewhere im just too lazy to investigate. also this ethanol that is in fuel these days seems to have an effect on the engine. carb probably needs adjusting.

ENGINE
edlebroke performer intake
edlebrock performer 650cfm carb
289 HiPo heads (OEM which are really hard to find)
comp cam (i dont rem what size but it is a mild one)
headman headers

TRANSMISSION
T-5 5spd out of a early model fox body, its has a 2:73 gear out back so it rev really low on the highway.
aluminum driveshaft

The Good
motor runs strong
the car is capable of 23MPGS!!!
minor rust for a early model mustang
front suspension was redone about 5yrs ago
brand new trans

The Bad
needs carpet
front seats are starting to rip
needs some minor body work (rust)
needs paint (most of it is still orig.)

the car is my pride and joy and i hate to sell it but iv just lost interest in it over the years. i have most of the orig, parts that i took off the car that will go with it. it does have factory a/c but it is no longer under the hood.
my price is going to be $15K OBO. avg on this car is $20K with some of the options that it came with.
http://www.nadaguides.com/default.a...13&o=34670~13856~13864&vi=71840&z=30248&da=-1
you can either message me on here, email me at [email protected], or call/text me at 404-307-3632.if you have any questions about the car dont hesitate to ask. i know this car better than my own wife.
thanks for looking.

and a video

· Registered
8,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
8,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump. shoot me any kind of offer!

· Registered
8,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

· Registered
8,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anything? anyone?

· Registered
8,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
8,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

· Registered
594 Posts
I would be interested if it was a 67, nice car tho. good luck selling it
and I know 66 and 67 doesn't have much a difference but... I like the 67's better. I'm not saying they are better, cause I don't know. I'm just saying I like the 67's better. thats imo.

· Registered
8,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would be interested if it was a 67, nice car tho. good luck selling it
and I know 66 and 67 doesn't have much a difference but... I like the 67's better. I'm not saying they are better, cause I don't know. I'm just saying I like the 67's better. thats imo.
first gen was always my fav. 66 are really easy to find as they made over half a million that year. its all preference in the automotive world. nothing wrong with that :thumbup:

· Registered
8,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BUMP! For a fellow mustang owner. 1968 mustang coupe. 1972 mustang as well!
:thumbup::thumbup:
car is now fixed and 100% drivable. will be getting new exhaust this weekend. still open to offers.

· Registered
8,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
FV-QR

lets try this again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.