VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1988 jetta gli...was up here a while ago when i was using it as a daily driver but now its been kind of chillin in my driveway for 4 monthes and mom says it has to go...and i dont really have the cash run 2 car on the insurence anymore so its going.
tornado red, really really nice trophie interior jsut a little bit of crackin on drivers bolster and a burn from a cigarette someone dropped into my open sunroof at wawa...car wasnt smoked in. but the god news is i hunted down new covers and you just have to rip the seat apart and the interior will be basically perfect besides for like a crack in the dash.
body has absolutely no rust. theres a dent in the pass fender, and the hood is wavy and has some scratches. has factory spoiler. the body is all original.
mechanically...the car has been sitting but still runs really well. the entire time ive had the car weve had a liil issue with the cold start injector...ive replaced the thermo time sensor, coolent temp sensor, fuel dizzy, inline fuel pump, that can shaped thing the air check valve, ignition distributer, plugs wires and still i cant get it right. most likey the cise needs to be tuned correctly becuase it never was. the car runs like a champ though and starts right up even after sitting. i have the cold start injector grounded out (and its ben that way since i got the car in 7/06) so basically everytime you start the car it fires off, and ifthe cafrs warm and you dont need it, hold the gas pedal down and its fine. the car always starts first try.
last summer i did the linkage from the trans to the shifter, knob and boot...everything. did a mk4 knob looks classy lol. also has a new clutch cable and front mtr mount. needs the lower done. also will need axle and wheel bearing. has newer rear struts and a new rear caliper (has 4wheel discs). brakes are good. new master cylinder too. umm oh it also has a frsh recharge on the a/c and all new coolent b/c it needed the coolent outlet housing.
this is a really great car that has so much potential. it came out of inspection 1/08 but i stopped driving it begining of dec because i got a newer driver. i have over 4grand into this already and i really want to see it go to a good home not like the crazy mexican ricers down my street that want it lol. since i have to put a price on it i'm going to put 2000 obo....or a trade because my little bro needs something soon... later

· Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jetta is forsale still. anyone who wants to contact me call my cell phone its 2152080273 and im mike. if i dont answer leave a voice mail or you can text me. the car is jsut waiting for someone to come get her!

· Registered
251 Posts
Re: FS/FT: 88 Jetta GLi w/ trophies...91,000 (pdub-vdub)

Mike,
Tried to leave you a message last night but your voicemail was full. Give me a call about the Jetta tomorrow 4/11 if you can. (215)892-6711. I'd like to take a look ASAP.
Chad

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.