VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guy. I actually just bought this, last week off of here, but I am not really digging the 1.8 lol, would rather have a VR6. I thought it would be nice because it's a 337, but I am just not into it all that much. I bought it and was surprised at how nice and everything Shaun the gentleman I bought it off of was. He is a great guy and a great VWVORTEXER, lol if that is even a word.

I am going to ask $6500, I paid a little less, but spent over 15 hours cleaning this thing up, it was a little dirty. Shaun just didn't have time to clean it up for me and he was getting himself a 2010 GTi. I would be interested in some trades, just throw out what you have, but would LOVE to have a TDI I could play with and have ready for H20i.

Here is the list of mods:

2002 GTI 337

• OEM Recaro interior

• APR chip (stock, 93 oct, 100 oct race programs)

• APR turbo back exhaust

• R32 brake upgrade (Stoptech stainless lines, ATE Super Blue fluid)

• FK Highsport coilovers

• Peloquin LSD (Planetary Torsional Differential to be exact) with ARP bolt kit

• Greddy Type 31 Front Mounted Intercooler

• Greddy Type S BOV with diverter valve kit

• Greddy Turbo timer

• Neuspeed 25mm front sway bar

• Neuspeed 28mm rear sway bar

• O-bar rear lower sway bar

• VF Engineering engine mounts

• VF Engineering swaybar endlinks

• B&M short shifter

• ECS Underdrive Pullies

• Custom coilpack tiedowns

• Clutchnet 11lb Lightened Flywheel

• Black Forest Industries Control Arms with Polyurethane Mounts

• MK6 look headlights with LED strip (only been on the car for a month or so)

• Polo rear wiper

• Stewart Warner gauges (boost, oil pressure, oil temp, egt, a/f)

• JVC KD-ADV6160 DVD MP3 head unit

• Kicker Competition 10" subwoofer

• Kicker 200W amplifier

• Hella Magic Color Red/Clear/Red taillights

• R32 hood strut

• GTI Monster Mats

• Jetta Vents (illuminated and closable)

• RAAMmat sound deadening material in the entire hatch area and under rear seats

• VAG-COM KEY-USB Scan tool (I'll throw this in with the car since I won't need it anymore)

• Bentley Manual

• A/C blows nice and cold!

Bad:

-Really the only flaw I would say on the car is the 3m Clear Bra on the car is aged, underneath the paint is perfect. Just need to take the time and use a heat gun and it peels right off.

If you would like to see the car or have any more questions please feel free to give me a call or text me at (301)988-1147.

Thanks!!!!

Now to the pics, I took earlier. I can send you some more pics, just text me and I can send them over.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also forgot to add, the timing belt and water pump were replaced with the clutch and the flywheel around 10K miles ago. Shaun the guy that I bought it off of said that he can get the invoices for me. All the work on this car was done at Induktion Motorsports.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am outside of Hagerstown, MD. The CEL is on cause of the chipped ECU, but it comes with a stock ECU to put in if you need to do emisisons or something, and with that ECU it doesn't throw any codes. I am not to familiar with VW's yet only my second one. This is what the guy I bought it off of told me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
interested in a trade?

i have a 01 vr6 mint condish. no scratches no dents. timming chain went around 76k so we had the motor rebuild. car is like new just put on 80k. has new brakes new tires, custom intake. 10in kicker in the back, projector halo lights.

was wondering how many miles were on ur gti?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.