VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a driveline swap. I'll get the mileage....i think about 100k. I'll also get video of starting and running. It's cis-e jetronic. Has new brass injectors and all o-rings. Out of an 87 QSW. Lifters are a little noisy from sitting. Not sure on the timeline for being available. Whenever I can get around to it...can have the downpipe and engine harness/ECU too. $150?
Trans bell housing is broken at the slave cylinder...shop guy tried to knock out roll pin in the car....he missed. Hence the driveline swap to 1.8t and 01E 6-spd.
Located in MA on Cape Cod.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Started right up. Lifters are noisy from sitting. Wiring, injection, electronics, airbox, only thing I'm keeping from the engine bay is the radiator/a.c. condenser. The exhaust can go also. Gonna go with a 3" custom system anyway...
Anyone? Shame to scrap it...even has new brass Mercedes injectors with less than 500 miles.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't figure put how to post videos. I tried using tapatalk, but it just keeps telling me the format is unsupported or the upload failed.
I'll try using my ancient photobucket account...

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As soon as it gets warm, I'll pull the driveline for the swap. If there's no interest, I'll tear it down and offer parts. Injectors have less than 500 miles and are the brass Mercedes version Bosch. Injection system was running great, no hot or cold start issues. Just a vacuum leak.
Transmission is probably worthless due to the slave cylinder port having been broken by the shop.... not worth trying to weld it.
I should turn it into a compressor and run it on 2 cylinders...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.