Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New OEM Style LED Headlights - 4 Options

Please see my current add for info:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...eplica-HID-Headlights&p=83000072#post83000072

Please post any comments, etc to my new add.

For My Current Stock Status as of July 26, 2013:

Option 1- Chrome, No LEDs, in stock locally, and ready to ship. $500 a set shipped
Option 2 - Black, NO LEDs, 2-3 sets available in stock. $550 a set shipped
Option 3- Black with LEDs - shipped from my supplier $610 shipped
Option 4 - Chrome with LEDs - shipped from my supplier, $610 shipped

Seconds - Headlight lenses will need to be replaced. There was a problem with a batch of lights earlier this year where the UV coating failed within a day of installation. Lights are almost brand new, and new lenses will be provided. You need to bake the headlights to remove and replace the lenses.

Lights only had a few weeks of use, and that is the only issue with them.

Option 2 Black non LEDs- one adjuster came loose, and needs to be pushed back in. - $300 shipped
Option 3 - Black with LEDs, lenses need replacing - $300 shipped
Option 4 - Chrome with LEDs, lenses need replacing- $300 shipped

I only have 1-2 of each option available.

Add a HID kit to any of the headlights for only $50.

Please pm me or contact me at: [email protected] to order.

Specifications:

• Appears identical from the front with the OEM VW headlights.
  • Uses a 10 pin connector, just like your halogen headlights. Wont work with OEM Xenons.
  • Uses a D2H or D2S HID bulb. A hole is predrilled to run the wiring for your HID kit.
  • Easy plug and play, may need to code to remove any bulb out errors because of the HIDs.
  • All the other bulbs are included.
  • Made by a different factory than the previous headlights I was selling

Review can be found here.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38153

Option 1 - Original OEM Look - $500 Shipped or $550 with the HID Kit

Option 2 - Black R OEM look - $550 Shipped or $600 with the HID kit

Option 3 - Black R OEM look with 15 LEDs -$600 Shipped or $650 with the HID Kit

Option 4 - Chrome OEM look with 15 LEDs - $600 Shipped or $650 with the HID Kit

Beam Pattern:

Price and Ordering

VW Mk6 Golf Headlight Options

Option 1 -Chrome, no LEDs $500.00 USD
Option 1a -Chrome, no LEDs, HID Kit $550.00 USD
Option 2- Black, no LEDs $550.00 USD
Option 2a -Black, no LEDs, HID kit $600.00 USD
Option 3 - Black with LEDs $600.00 USD
Option 3a - Black with LEDs, HID Kit $650.00 USD
Option 4 -Chrome with LEDs $600.00 USD
Option 4a -Chrome with LEDs, HID Kit $650.00 USD

Save some money if you want to purchase some taillights, or side skirts at the same time. PM or email me for details at: [email protected]

Add a Canbus D2H HID kit with 5000K bulbs for $70.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lights will be ready on about july 16th, invoices will go out the week of july 9th, and need payment by the 20th.

My remaining stock will come here by container, and will be here in early august, and will ship out of vancouver.

Option 4 - is available, these are the chrome oem xenons with the 15 leds. Let me know if you want those.

·
Registered
42 Posts
do you have a photo of the LED lights turned on (which function as DRL)? How is the brightness of these LEDs in day time compare to previous set (with less LEDs, I think it's 12 instead of 15) you sell?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just curious, where do lights ship from and how long do they usually take?
The first batch will ship direct from my supplier in China, delivery time is about a week.

The remaining lights are coming over by container and will arrive here in Vancouver in mid-August. Shipping from Vancouver to anywhere in North America will be about 5 days.:)

·
Registered
699 Posts
are these plug and play?
and i cant wait to see them on a car with fitment pictures.
from what i'm reading, they are. i purchased option 4 the oem look with led drls. they do need some coding for the drls to work...which i still haven't narrowed down as a lot of threads say different things. in terms of the lights, i've seen them on a whole bunch of other threads and people seem to like them and vouch that they hold up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
How's the brightness of the LEDs? Are they as bright as the OEM during day time?

from what i'm reading, they are. i purchased option 4 the oem look with led drls. they do need some coding for the drls to work...which i still haven't narrowed down as a lot of threads say different things. in terms of the lights, i've seen them on a whole bunch of other threads and people seem to like them and vouch that they hold up.

·
Registered
721 Posts
are these plug and play?
and i cant wait to see them on a car with fitment pictures.
^This

Also interested in how much the coding sucks.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ed, are these plus and play lol ?
By default the MK6 halogen cars use the high beams as your DRLs. If you encounter any issues with flickering you may need to code them to disable your DRLs or use the parking lights as DRLs.

The car that we tested on here locally did not have a problem with flickering, etc, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

1 - 20 of 162 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.