VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3rd brake light which I don't have anywhere to put 'cuz it's inteded for a sedan and my Jetta has been sold for a while. So I am selling it basically I am asking $48 USD for it
Mail me if you want more info [email protected] I will get my OWN camera in some days then I will be able to make some pics of the actual part. But this is what it looks like exactly:

[Modified by Cullen, 12:33 PM 12-11-2001]

·
Registered
33,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: FS: Hella Neon 3rd brake light (HIDGolf)

quote:[HR][/HR]could you pendulam mount it and hang it from the ceiling ?[HR][/HR]​
Oh yes no problem! If you see where the leg connects to the "body" that can be turned more than 180 degrees.

·
Registered
33,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: FS: Hella Neon 3rd brake light (Cullen)

About this Neon:
"Safety = prompt signal perception
Conventional bulbs usually take about 200 milliseconds until the filament has warmed up to the level at which it transmits light of the required brightness. Light sources such as LEDs and neon tubes do not require any warming-up phase. Using these light sources means that, if a driver brakes hard at 100 kph, the extra time the driver behind has in which to see the stop light and react is roughly equivalent to a whole car's length. "
http://www.hella.com/produktion/Hel.../VehicleLighting/SignalLighting/signal021.jsp

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Re: FS: Hella Neon 3rd brake light (Cullen)

I agree 100% Thats why LEDs are becoming more and more common for CHMSLs.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hey Cullen, do you have a third brake light for your Golf Country? I have a Votex one that I haven't fitted yet (mainly due to the instructions being in rather technical German!!) that attaches to the bottom of the Votex rear boot spoiler (like the original GTI one only deeper) It's actually a brilliant light, which despite using LEDs manage to match the exact colour and intensity of the bulbs in the light clusters because of the diffuser it uses. I haven't come across anyone else with one though. Do you know of it?

·
Registered
33,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (VW-DOHC-16V)

quote:[HR][/HR]Hey Cullen, do you have a third brake light for your Golf Country? I have a Votex one that I haven't fitted yet (mainly due to the instructions being in rather technical German!!) that attaches to the bottom of the Votex rear boot spoiler (like the original GTI one only deeper) It's actually a brilliant light, which despite using LEDs manage to match the exact colour and intensity of the bulbs in the light clusters because of the diffuser it uses. I haven't come across anyone else with one though. Do you know of it?
[HR][/HR]​
No I don't have one, I don't even have a spoiler in the rear on mine, but I will have one sometime soon...(hella neon as this one but one that will fit into a spoiler)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Do they contain actual Neon gas, or is that just the name? A Neon brake light would truly be something!! Oh and a little off topic for this thread, but do you know of any headlight protectors (to protect from stone chips, etc) for 4 headlamp grilles that are discreet, and practically invisible? I'm thinking of getting a set of those clear InPro lights, but I'd really need to protect my investment from damage.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Re: (VW-DOHC-16V)

Ever see a 95+ Explorer's third brake light? First (so says hella) use of a neon brakelight in a factory-built vehicle. That's why they're never burnt out!
_shark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts