VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JB4 module for MQB Tiguan. It works great to wake up the factory tune. I pulled this off my Tiguan over the summer before bringing my Tiguan to the dealer for some other work, and it has been sitting since. As I don't drive to work nearly as much as I used to, I'm deciding to continue to run solely stock tune. Tuner in good shape, used for approximately 15k trouble free miles. This doesn't have a BT cable to change maps- I always used the map 3 that was enabled when I bought it. Nice to have as a quickly removable tune for those concerned about maintaining the factory warranty. Located in Westport, CT.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it is still available. A BT module can be used with it (it is an add on), or a usb/ serial cable can be used. I previously was planning on going the latter route, and purchased the parts to make the cable (not sure where they are now..) rather than buying the adapter from BMS. I had enough fun driving the car that I never ended up motivated enough to edit the maps for more power, but yes, this is fully able to do that (as well as stack on a APR/Unitronic/etc chip.)

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.