VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Golf 2.5, 99.5 Cabrio GLS
48,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey all,

Looking to sell all my Mk2 stuff. If you know me, you know you want this. No time or space anymore. I am in the midst of a 16v conversion on my 1992 Golf from my 1990 GLI. The engine is in, the interior is swapped, it just needs the engine harness installed, and the dash and ac/fan box installed (and the front end reassembled). I will continue to work on it until I sell it (meaning, completed and running, it'll be worth more, so get in on it now!).

Here's a pic of the 16v engine:

It was not original to the Jetta, but it is a 2.0l with a 1.8 head (supposedly the best combo because of valve sizing etc). The Jetta has 240k on it, and I bought it at 180k. Always up on maintenance, this car was dead-nuts reliable for me. Timing belt done, coolant flushes on the regular, spark plugs, etc you name it, I did it.

The engine has a diesel oil filter, and TT chip in the ECU (with spare OE ECU). Transmission was rebuilt by me 20-30k ago, filled with Redline.

Here's a pic of the Golf:

Engine bay, for an example of how clean it is:

This car has 120k on it. It was originally an 8v auto. I swapped it to the 16v because the head gasket was popped, bad. So I dumped it all!

The Jetta has no AC, but the Golf will. I still have all the non-AC parts and the car is at a stage of assembly right now that it could go either way.

I have not swapped the brakes or the rear beam, but intend to do that also.

The Recaro interior and black carpet and 3 point seat belts are already installed in the Golf.

I have a Neuspeed front strut bar, rear sway bar ready to install too. Also a cat delete downpipe, though a header for a cat is currently installed (yes TWO headers, choice of cat delete or not).

I also have a shed full of parts to go with it. Honestly there's so much I can't remember. Thule roof rack with old large fairing, lightweight flywheel, center ashtray/vent delete, a few different Fischer C-Boxes (from Europe, different from US), an old Foha Jetta spoiler (painted but could be fixed), Hella smoked Jetta tail lights, and more spare parts galore. Hundreds parts like rare switches, warning lights, extra clusters, euro badges, etc. I will provide pictures as needed.

Package deal only. REPEAT PACKAGE DEAL ONLY! Make me an offer I can't refuse. MAY consider trades for the right car. get in on the ground floor with a huge collection from the start!

·
Registered
48,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$2000 and includes a free Golf with 16v swap and a bunch of other parts I still have yet to photograph, lol.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a shi!!!!!!!T ton of mk2 parts as well - do you need anything for your swap ? I completely stripped a mk2 jetta coupe - im doing vr6 / mk3 swap - lmk if you need anything I would be willing to sell cheap !!

·
Registered
48,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When you pull off the bulb holder and lens, there are two metal tabs you have to bend for it to slide off the brackets glued to the glass. I don't remember if it's up or down but if you look inside those narrow slots on both sides of the bulb area with everything out you can kinda see how it works.

·
Registered
5 Posts
3rd Brake light housing

When you pull off the bulb holder and lens, there are two metal tabs you have to bend for it to slide off the brackets glued to the glass. I don't remember if it's up or down but if you look inside those narrow slots on both sides of the bulb area with everything out you can kinda see how it works.
I finally got it off !! Thanks for your help !!

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Haven't you got all this stuff sold yet? :)

·
Registered
48,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is still available! I am willing to part big items. The engine is available for $500, Recaro interior (full interior with blackc arpet, rear jetta seats, and manual door panels, and black jetta rear shelf) for $400.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts