VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have a stainless steel cat back exhaust for a mk4 VW. Was going to use on my golf, but diesel... So who cares. 2" collector at cat, into resonator, up to 2.5", into muffler and out dual round tips. Welded on v-band clamps to axle hump portion since old 2 bolt flange was rusted. Not the prettiest weld, but it ain't going anywhere. Asking SOLD$250SOLD local pick up in Eastpointe, MI 48021

Would be willing to ship on buyers dime.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Can you see how much shipping would be to 98359? I’m interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump for a price drop. I have a box big enough to ship, but heads up West coast people.... it was like a $150 shipping quote to Cali.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Just a suggestion on shipping...I would cut it at the straight pipe a few inches in front of the V-band, which would shorten it and enable it to be properly reattached with a flat clamp:

Audi VW Exhaust Clamp - Rein 1K0253141M

With the 2 pieces fitting in a much smaller box you should find Greyhound shipping to be surprisingly reasonable. I shipped a Vortex front valence/skirts/rear spoiler for a MKVI wagon from CT to Portland for $100 via Greyhound, and UPS/FedEx was $275-300.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a suggestion on shipping...I would cut it at the straight pipe a few inches in front of the V-band, which would shorten it and enable it to be properly reattached with a flat clamp:

Audi VW Exhaust Clamp - Rein 1K0253141M

With the 2 pieces fitting in a much smaller box you should find Greyhound shipping to be surprisingly reasonable. I shipped a Vortex front valence/skirts/rear spoiler for a MKVI wagon from CT to Portland for $100 via Greyhound, and UPS/FedEx was $275-300.
Why cut it, then install a sub-par exhaust coupler? The v-band clamp is fully welded and does just that, disassembles into 2 parts.

It's so expensive because of the fact that people are asking to ship to the furthest shipping "zone" with a box that is well oversized (50-60" long) and that it weighs 30-40lbs to ship. Shipping in general is an expensive game.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Why cut it, then install a sub-par exhaust coupler? The v-band clamp is fully welded and does just that, disassembles
I missed that; for some reason I read that it was a hanger (end of a 30 hour shift). If it will need a 4-5' long box after being separated...it looks smaller in the photo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts