VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the guy who bought them from me has a rabbit so he screwed up . now i need to unload them. NIB never mounted . looking to do 300 shipped lower 48.

cash talks .

i thought he was gonna keep the fronts for his rabbit but he decided not to keep any of them.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sure do

number is

Front / Rear

8750 1008 / 8050 1007

Koni list these with differnt number for mk2-3 and corrado but they are the same shocks. if you want to get some strength behind me as a seller , please ask who Herby53 is on the corrado forum. you will find i have been a rather big person on here as a old timer :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
not doubting you herby, post count will usually tell a tale. just dotting the i eyes and crossing the tee's.
This is his quote to me in a pm "they are the same shock for mk2-3 and corrados non vr"

A shame there are not more sellers dotting i's and crossing t's. Us buyers have to stick together and pick-up the ball if it has been dropped.

But, yet the first buyer "screwed up" couldn't be that they where not properly informed??

·
Registered
167 Posts
^^^
maybe
i'm interested in them fo sho, but even if i don't buy them, it's nice to have the information.
i have bought parts before that i ended up not being able to use. i don't consider this the seller's fault.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A shame there are not more sellers dotting i's and crossing t's. Us buyers have to stick together and pick-up the ball if it has been dropped.

But, yet the first buyer "screwed up" couldn't be that they where not properly informed??
dont try to push on me , i have been a strong person in the corrado forum for a very long time doing more and have built enough cars to know my way around it. if a buyer comes to me saying he just bought a 85 gti then that is what he ordered. I dont have to unload these from his mistake and could very well just tell him it is his job cause he has a rabbit gti and not a mk2.

but like i have always done , i am helping out. again , if anyone wants to question me as a Koni Dist or any quilty of person then just put a post up titled " who is Herby53 "

to the guy that is interested , just let me know what you would like to do. :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
Orig owner 90 g60, 02 allroad 6SP M w/ 3rd Row, 07 3X White NB Vert, 09 Escalade ESV Plat to tow em
8,178 Posts
Koni STR.T street (Orange / non adjustable) for the Mk III / VR Corrado are a complete strut assembly BUT .... They're not listed as one of the products for the Mk II Corrado since the G60 has a rebuildable / serviceable insert. I'm sure everyone has removed the hydraulic fluid and oe strut piston and replaced it with an insert in the last 20 years. The STR.T is listed for the Mk III Corrado only.

Some G60 owners got sealed front struts. The rear are identical though. The bottom of original strut housing has flat side facing the wheel. The G60 owners without the dent can slide in a new strut tube insert (externally adjustable /e.a.) or move up to coil over (e.a) shocks. This dent can be hammered out with a piece of wood too.

Koni products listed for VR 92-95 Corrado

Koni products listed for the G60

Koni products listed for the Mk II Corrado (Non Corrado - except race)

Front / Rear
8641 1198 Sport / 8041 1108 Sport (Yellow) and roughly twice as much as the orange (STR.T)

Front / Rear
8750 1008 / 8050 1007 (Orange - non adjustable)

The point here:

Most G60 owners can purchase (rebuildable) strut inserts for their G60. Koni does not make a non e.a. insert for the G60.

If a G60 owner did want a stock insert for their rebuildable struts they're cheap at $30-60 each depending on whether you go with a Monroe or Boge. There's no need to purchase a complete STR.T street set up unless they wanted to move over to a non rebuildable strut assembly.

The Bimmer owners pay big money to have their struts modified to accept the rebuild inserts. Some model year Bimmers gets robbed on complete front strut replacements.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Allen (aka Herby53) is a legit seller who has contributed a lot to the Corrado Community over the years. Anybody questioning him is either a noob or just doesn't know what the hell there talking about.

Koni STR.T street (Orange / non adjustable) for the Mk III / VR Corrado are a complete strut assembly BUT .... They're not listed as one of the products for the Mk II Corrado since the G60 has a rebuildable / serviceable insert. I'm sure everyone has removed the hydraulic fluid and oe strut piston and replaced it with an insert in the last 20 years. The STR.T is listed for the Mk III Corrado only.

Some G60 owners got sealed front struts. The rear are identical though. The bottom of original strut housing has flat side facing the wheel. The G60 owners without the dent can slide in a new strut tube insert (externally adjustable /e.a.) or move up to coil over (e.a) shocks. This dent can be hammered out with a piece of wood too.

Koni products listed for VR 92-95 Corrado

Koni products listed for the G60

Koni products listed for the Mk II Corrado (Non Corrado - except race)

Front / Rear
8641 1198 Sport / 8041 1108 Sport (Yellow) and roughly twice as much as the orange (STR.T)

Front / Rear
8750 1008 / 8050 1007 (Orange - non adjustable)

The point here:

Most G60 owners can purchase (rebuildable) strut inserts for their G60. Koni does not make a non e.a. insert for the G60.

If a G60 owner did want a stock insert for their rebuildable struts they're cheap at $30-60 each depending on whether you go with a Monroe or Boge. There's no need to purchase a complete STR.T street set up unless they wanted to move over to a non rebuildable strut assembly.

The Bimmer owners pay big money to have their struts modified to accept the rebuild inserts. Some model year Bimmers gets robbed on complete front strut replacements.
For the price you won't find a much better strut/damper setup that is designed to work with a moderate lowering spring on the MK2/3 or Corrado chasis. For the average guy these will work great compared to OEM like replacements for only slightly more in cost if your looking to upgrade/replace all four corners. At this pricepoint these would be comparable to the Bilstein Touring model and given that the Koni's are designed to work with a lowering spring & come with a lifetime warranty I'd say they are the better choice.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks buddy ,

it is just times like this that i am glad i walked away from here but i only go on to check on the old friends. guess i am getting old cause these new kids ....... lmao

we can make a great debate on if you want to cut off your old shocks or what to replace it with . at the end of the day i want to sell a set of upgraded shocks with a great name , great product and great service.

buy them or not but just dont be a tool.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.