VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

FS: NOS Set of 8" Bosch Driving Lights $200

2K views 37 replies 6 participants last post by  WCHLVR 
#1 ·
#12 ·
Re: FS: NOS Set of 8" Bosch Driving Lights $200 (triplered)

Quote, originally posted by triplered »
What was the original application for these things? Are they supposed to be mounted over or under the bumper? Would they attach to a stock '79 chrome bumper without modification? How do you wire them up?

They are/were used for road rally cars. They can be mounted either above, on the front, or (if your car is not lowered) below the bumper. Mounting them to your stock bumper is just a matter of either drilling a new hole or using an existing bolt. As far as wiring, I can send you a very simple wiring diagram if you purchase them.

#14 ·

This is gonna sound vain, but if I mounted them under my bumper, would the "Bosch" be upside down? About what diameter would you say those bolts are?

No no... it is not vain at all. I had the same concerns. You could rotate the lens in the housing so it reads correctly but you would have to modify them a bit. The mounting bolt that they come with is 1/2" in diameter.

#26 ·

Would you consider a partial trade for a very nice pair of locking and non-locking chrome door handles (1 of each) off of an '80 Audi 5000?

Sorry! I don't know a Mk1 anymore and would have no use for them!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.