VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this up to get some spares for my daily driver. It will be at least two weeks before I can get the lift time to complete the part out, but it won't be sticking around for long. Haven't been through it yet, so not sure what all I'll find, but so far this is what I know.

PO was the 2nd owner (past 9 years) and had planned to give it to his daughter, but she didn't want it. Indicated he parked in last march, but the MA inspection sticker shows May 2015...

158k on the BEL motor, runs and sorta drives.
Tip trans isn't particularly happy, moving the shifter doesn't always yield the expected results (ie shift to reverse, still indicates in park half the time, etc) Underside of the trans was moist, so maybe it's as simple as fluid level, but could be something with the multi-function switch or something else electronic.
Black 15 spoke 18" rims with decent tread. I don't know brand/offset/width yet, as I haven't had them off the car yet, but they don't appear to use spacers. PO indicated < 6 months on tires. Looks like right side rims were the curb finders...
Air suspension was replaced with Arnott coil springs/bilsteins, PO says 3 years ago. pump, valve body, level sensors still installed.
Left down pipe has a recent flex joint, right flex leaks. APR cat back stainless exhaust, tips stick out quite a bit. Unsure if I'll transfer this to my car or not.
Folding, auto dimming mirrors and compass mirror, all in good shape.

LF fender has a dent, hood looks like it may have warn a bra at some point, although the fading/sandblasting on the bumper leading flares would suggest otherwise. No tow hitch, no park assist, no floor mats, no mud flaps, no rear cargo cover. Has the rear dog net partition, rear door and hatch shades. CC head has some peeling, radio looked ok. Sat radio, no nav. Cluster looked fine. Headlights are hazy, but I may refinish them before selling. Driver door showing some rust above the lower blade. Came with 3 extra twin spoke rims and tires.

Pretty much everything is up for grabs, and will be priced to move once I get it parted. Feel free to toss me requests or offers if you have specific parts on your current shopping lists. I may say no, but I won't be offended.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi are the headlights intact and the clips and mounts still good not broken? I’d be interested in buying both thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts