VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Build Thread here: 2.5t jsw

Car currently is reliably driveable, but not performing to it's full potential.

Car has 62.5k miles now, and a few things has changed since the build thread. I put the stock fuel pump back in. There is nothing wrong with the high flow fuel sending unit, but the fuel level sensor on that assembly was having issues, and couldn't read the proper level. If you want to put the upgraded sending unit back in, you will need to replace that piece of IC board (fairly fragile) on the fuel pump assembly, or just move the sending unit to another pump.
I also installed the UM SRI, with a offset coupler that I found online. It's basically a silicon reducer/expander (from 2.5" IC piping to 3" throttle body), but with the center of the inlet and outlet offset by about an inch. It's needed because the UM SRI moves the throttle body out by about 1.5".

I have removed the boost controller, and is just running wastegate spring pressure. The clutch is holding like this. The turbo is also showing a bit of age. It's a bit louder than it used to be, so I think it could benefit from a rebuild (or just swap it to a ball bearing unit).

With the turbo fixed up, and the right clutch. I have no doubt this drivetrain will run at 14 psi comfortably. But that's not something I am looking to tackle anymore. The car will not pass SMOG in CA like this, which is the main reason I'm looking to sell. The buyer will either need to register it out of state, or find a buddy to help get it registered. In any case, I am getting too old, and don't feel like dealing with that anymore.

The car will also come with a lot of the factory parts that I have available(stock front suspension, OEM R rear suspension, stock mounts, stock headunit, stock headlight, etc), but you shouldn't count on any of them, consider them a bonus.

Quick summary of mods:
JDL turbo kit
UM SRI
upgraded mounts all around
Spyder headlights with 5000k HID kit
projector foglights with 3000k HID kit
Ebay navigation head unit
P3 cars vent gauge with track pack upgrade (shows AFR)
OEM upgraded steering wheel. looks like a GTI steering wheel, but with silver stitching. I THINK it's from a Scirocco. Don't think I have seen too many of these around.
OEM A3 perforated leather shift knob with correct shift pattern
OEM Golf R front suspension (rears included, not installed)
B6 A4 wheels (set of 5), running 235/45/17 tires
home made subwoofer box with JBL GT5-10 and a crunch amp
Autotec rear sway bar
tow hitch

And finally, the price. I am looking for $10,000 $7,000 $5500 OBO. I will sign the title and release form, and the buyer will be responsible for getting it registered. don't even ask me about SMOG.

Peter

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
may be willing to trade for a 6MT TDI JSW depending on the car.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Willing to deliver to Las Vegas or Phoenix for a deposit

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
8k? Shoot me offers

Looking to sell the JSW and get something more capable offroad. Time for a new chapter in life. Let me know

Peter

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm just gonna go on the record and say this is the most severe case of "wrong coast" I've ever had for a vehicle.
My 2011 JSW 2.5S 5 speed was fun stock. I'd imagine with 300+whp, it's pretty hilarious to drive.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TTT, make me offers

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TTT - car's largely unchanged. I haven't driven it much, especially with COVID going on. Mileage is around 64k now, not a huge jump.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got my eyes on a new car. Someone make me an offer. $6000??

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
back to top.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ttt

·
Registered