VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
update: as of 12/2014 I still have a few magnets. you can pm me if interested

I have several sets of Tiptronic shifter magnets I've pulled from junked A4 B5s. $25 shipped. I'll be happy to coach you thru replacing yours if necessary.

Here's a link to a good DIY for removing all the shifter trim and knob to access the magnets.
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/int50.shtml

·
Registered
422 Posts
when i bought my a4 the man said the triptronic is broken because his friend tryed to take it out.... thats all he said i know thats not alot of information but i heard its common with Audis and VW with the trip tronic will this fix the triptronic for me?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: (N00bi3)

what does the gear display on the dash do when you move the shift lever to the right?
If it does nothing (stays PRND432) it may be missing a magnet.
If it changes to 54321 you still probably have the big magnet.
Tiptronic is simply a circuit board with 2 sensors on it that are activated by a magnet. Your problem may be the magnets, or it may be a damaged or missing circuit board.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: (Variety=Spice)

I am interested in buying the large magnet if you still have some for sale.
Just let me know what I need to do.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: (jigsaw808)

I'd be they're probably the same. I've pulled magnets from 1998 to 2000 Audi A4's and Passats that all appear to be the same. If they're not right I'd be happy to refund your $ and all we'd each be out is postage. They fit fine in a first class envelope.
or....better yet....pull your shifter trim apart and see if yours looks like the ones in the photo above.
Yes, I have several sets of them.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Re: FS: Tiptronic Shifter magnets (Variety=Spice)

My 99 b5 tiptronic works when it wants to/barely ever, when i push it over it will either goto 54321 or stays in 5432? do you think the mags are loose? if so how do i get to them

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: FS: Tiptronic Shifter magnets (99B5ondubs)

It's not too difficult to pull up the couple pieces of trim necessary to inspect the magnets. PUll the shifter knob off, too, to get a good look at them.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi,
just started having the shifting problem with my '98 B5. Took it apart and noticed the magnet on the side was missing.
If you still have any, please email me at [email protected]
Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts

does anyone know where I can get a circuit board for an A4 1.8T '99??

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have a 1999 Volkswagen Passat GLS and I need these magnets. Can you find some for me?

1 - 20 of 104 Posts