VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Not sure. Does it look like my photos?

I don't know much about GTIs. Which Vortex forum category does yours fit into? I might do a little research there and see what I can dig up.

·
Registered
436 Posts
it's a mark 4, I tried looking for a diy for a mk4 gti/jetta but all i found was the one for a4 and another for a 99 passat. When I took my shifter console apart i was only able to locate the small magnet which is still there but I dont see where the large magnet would even go tbh. seems like a whole different design to me idk if that's possible.

edit here's a pic

dont mind the cracked part i just did that while i was playing with it :banghead:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
vrejional, I took an 02 Jetta apart yesterday and found exactly what's shown in your photo...only one small magnet. I studied the circuit board it interacts with and it looks to me like it's designed for only one magnet. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
359 Posts
2003 1.8t jetta tiptronic issue.

Okay I'm still confused after reading This entire thread. So I took my shifted/console off today because tiptronic would not slide into place from drive. I did notice small magnet on the plastic slide piece. So I put everything back together and shifter still wont slide into place. Any help is appreciated. I'm Really not trying to take my car to the stealership :mad: :banghead:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Okay I'm still confused after reading This entire thread. So I took my shifted/console off today because tiptronic would not slide into place from drive. I did notice small magnet on the plastic slide piece. So I put everything back together and shifter still wont slide into place. Any help is appreciated. I'm Really not trying to take my car to the stealership :mad: :banghead:
I replied to the other thread you started .

·
Registered
1 Posts
tiptronic shift magnets

hello i have a 1999 passat and i am in need of the magnets for the tiptronic shift do ou have any available if so how much, please let me know asap..wanting to get this fixed thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Interested..

Are these still avaiable by any chance? Im missing the part that holds the magnet along with the other plastic parts that creates that ")))" effect to the right of the shift rod.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Yes, plenty of magnets left. I have some of the 2 chips that slide with the magnet chip. I'd toss them in for free. I'll PM you my PayPal address.

Are these still avaiable by any chance? Im missing the part that holds the magnet along with the other plastic parts that creates that ")))" effect to the right of the shift rod.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wondering if this covers shifting in general

Sometimes my shiftier locks in park and wont allow me to shift it back into neutral, reverse or drive. I was wondering if the magnets being out of place would effect it. Thought i would mention that my abs light is on and maybe that was causing the problem...

any advice would be great!
[email protected]
99 passat 1.8t Auto

61 - 80 of 104 Posts