VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the very rare Wood/Leather 3-Spoke Steering wheel in my Passat. It was from the W8 Special Edition model and was never available in the USA. It will fit any B5 or B5.5 Passat, or any MK4 Jetta/Golf/GTI except for the MK3.5 Cabrio. If you don't have a 3 spoke airbag, you'll need one.
As some of you may remember, I paid ~$450 for just the wheel itself, back this Fall 2007, all the way from Germany. It was brand new when I bought it, and these wheels are ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE to find. I waited for 18 months to find this one!!
I had a R32 wheel and this one, and this one fell from my desk at work and landed on the hard floor, and got 2 small marks in it. I decided to keep it at that point and installed it in my car, where it has been used for approx 2,500 miles.
The aforementioned blemishes are a tiny hairline crack (approx 1/2" long) in the clearcoat finish on the bottom spoke that is only visible when the wheel is UPSIDE DOWN (ie, turned 1/2 way left or right). The other is a small scuff at about 2:00 on the wheel.
I never notice either one of these imperfections when driving the car...........the only time you'd EVER notice the hairline crack is if you were looking for it, and had the wheel turned UPSIDE DOWN.
I'll let it go at this point (wheel ONLY, no airbag) for either:
A) $340.00 shipped to your door, including insurance, in the lower 48 states (I'll ship worldwide, ask for a quote)
or B) a mint used R32 steering wheel in trade.
Again, wheel ONLY, no airbag.
PRICE REDUCED - $299.95 SHIPPED in the lower 48!
Pics in this thread:
http://www.passatworld.com/for...85942

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: FS: Uber RARE Euro Wood/Leather W8 Special Edition Steering Wheel - M ... (Jettix2)

BUMP back to the top, PRICE DROPPED TO $ 195.00 + $15.00 shipping in the lower 48!!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: FS: Uber RARE Euro Wood/Leather W8 Special Edition Steering Wheel - M ... (Jettix2)

LINKS to new pics.........
1st and last pics are just examples of a similar wheel installed in a car......the other pics are the ACTUAL wheel you're looking at;)

Thanks, Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts