VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Re: FS: VF Stage 2 Supercharger kit (R20h)

$400 shipped?? It doesn't weight 200 lbs......

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: FS: VF Stage 2 Supercharger kit (r32vw04)

No, but building the crates to ship it properly costs some bucks, and takes a bunch of time.
jim

·
Registered
12,963 Posts

i shipped mine with full insurance of the origanl price and packaged really well for $70

·
Registered
12,963 Posts

Quote, originally posted by R20h »
Via burro?

jim

I like that lol.Good luck with the sale

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: FS: VF Stage 2 Supercharger kit (newcreation)

Quote, originally posted by newcreation »

I like that lol.Good luck with the sale

Thanks.
Seriously, I'd planned to build three wooden crates if it had to be shipped, so the buyer could be assured it showed up in good shape. If the buyer really wants cardboard boxes (
), I'd reduce the shipping to actual cost (which I suspect would still be more than $70).

·
Registered
12,963 Posts

Mine all fit into one lawnmower box with everything in bubble wrap and its was shipped through Fed-ex and insurance for $6k not lying at all just shipped back in may when fuel was more as well.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks for the info. Now I just gotta go buy a lawnmower.

jim

·
Registered
12,963 Posts

Ahh boy.Someone help this man out and buy a really good deal for a vf stage 2 http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,623 Posts

DHL is the way to go. $50 when I shipped my VF kit. I think it ended up weighing like 40lbs with all my packaging materials. Hell of a price though, $2500!!!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: FS: VF Stage 2 Supercharger kit (Sladage)

I've been sitting on the thing for a long time, just haven't gotten around to putting it on the market. I need the space! BTW, it does have an idler pulley (VF) that's toast; I haven't found out what a replacement costs, but potential buyer should crank that into his cost calculation.
jim

·
Registered
12,963 Posts

i purchased the idler mine failed it sounds kinda funny but it comes as an idler kit for around $100

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Thanks for the info! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I should mention that this system comes with TWO sets of hard tubing -- the aluminum, AND the black plastic. My car came with the aluminum, but I liked the stealth look better. I also cut the plastic one to move the MAF up next to the motor (trying to keep SC oil from dripping down on it). With some silicone hose and clamps (also included), you can mount the MAF in either location.
BTW, I also upgraded all the clamps to the spring type; all included.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, on the drivers side next to the cam cover. I made two cuts in the plastic tube, and inserted the MAF with the proper stepped silicone hose and four clamps. Works fine. Saved the removed section, so the plastic pipe can also be used with the MAF in the normal position up in the RF corner.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts