VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wrecked Winter 07. Engine still works, turbo manifold is disconnected due to the wreck. Tested it two times after the wreck, didn't want to suck in a bunch of crap so I just turned it right off. Battery is dead, has some water damage on the floor due to rain leaking in the windshield. Will wetvac it before its sold of course.
Good for a LOT of parts, and could definitely be fixed. I was going to repair it at my works metal shop, haven't had time and it needs to go now. It's not nearly as bad as it looks, I mean it is but its fixable. I've had two mechanics look at it, all the damage is front end and no frame damage from what they told me. It looks pretty straight to me. The damage + airbags would have been $8k at a garage roughly. A DIY'er could have it done for $2500. The report was never claimed with my insurance because it lapsed for 12 hours... and they screwed me. Thank you US Mail :-/
Clean title (because it wasn't claimed with insurance, didn't even show on carfax last time I checked (Jan 08, when I was buying my new car))

Looking for $2000 OBO
Would really rather a pick up, and I can't part it out. Please leave a reply or PM.

PS: Forgive the overgrowth of grass, didn't have much time to clear up the area before I took the pictures.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Re: FS: Wrecked 04 Passat 1.8T Stock (kindbud)

the earlier you get back to me, the earlier you can sell your car
. Still waiting for your reply...

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Re: FS: Wrecked 04 Passat 1.8T Stock (kvictar)

Not to ruin a thread, but there is no way that could be fixed "properly" for 2500. The upper rail on the driver side is screwed, and you'd need a 2 hour setup and measure, along with probably like a 3-4 hour pull to get it back to spec. Whole apron assembly driverside is shot, along with all the suspension components.
For the price, this is a HELL of a parts car though. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
379 Posts
Re: FS: Wrecked 04 Passat 1.8T Stock (denyle)

Quote, originally posted by denyle »
Not to ruin a thread, but there is no way that could be fixed "properly" for 2500. The upper rail on the driver side is screwed, and you'd need a 2 hour setup and measure, along with probably like a 3-4 hour pull to get it back to spec. Whole apron assembly driverside is shot, along with all the suspension components.
For the price, this is a HELL of a parts car though. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Totally true... If this car was being parted out, Id be the first in line..
OP: you could make a LOT more than 2500 if you parted this thing out...but I unerstand you may not want to use the time and energy. Just a thought! .. I'll keep my eye on this one just in case you change your mind. I could really used that engine cover and Thottle Body and a few other parts... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts