VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are having some trouble affording 2 of these beauties. Just this weekend, the radiator acted up and coolant was shot out. I could figure out if it came from the radiator hoses or from the resevoir itself. But other than that the car runs great, and its in great condition. It runs beautifully for a high mileage car. I also recently added a custom 2.5" magnaflow catback exhaust system, and brand new khumo ecsta tires. (tires might be kept for other R). Basically i just threw a price up there that seems somewhat reasonable but i am flexible and i am willing to trade for a vr6, I will look at any offers though.
Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: FS/WTT: 1996 volvo 850R, 185k miles, $7000, PNW (96volvoR)

Modified by 96volvoR at 3:16 PM 10-29-2006

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: (V coffee roll W)

Sweet car http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif but i think youre too far away,

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hahaha, ya, im kinda hesitant to get rid of it, but im only 17 and cant afford all of these repairs and stuff, i can barely afford gas.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
um its getting a diagnosis in a shop right now, but im thinking either new coolant hoses, or a new radiator.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Re: (96volvoR)

Quote, originally posted by 96volvoR »
um its getting a diagnosis in a shop right now, but im thinking either new coolant hoses, or a new radiator.

Miles, previous owners, accidents, carfax? need more info and better pics seriously intrested

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it didnt make it to the shop today, there was no way I could get it there and get home. But ill get back to you when i figure out whats wrong.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Don't run her on a bad radiator. She'll get pissed and drop her wad when you're halfway to where you're going.
Bet on the radiator itself being bad, The end tanks are plastic and don't hold up well. The way they leak makes it almost seem like a hose a resevour tank though.
You'd be looking anywhere from $400 to over $600 depending on where you go to have it replaced by a mechanic. It can be done just for the cost of the radiator ( $180 for a cheapy ) thermostat and coolant.
Not too difficult a job but time consuming as the freaking inter-cooler is attached to the damned thing. Have to be very carefull.
POOP.... IMs aren't working. Try http://www.volvospeed.com as well.
I know there was a guy looking for a white R there.

Modified by spitonit at 5:22 PM 10-30-2006

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Re: (96volvoR)

Quote, originally posted by 96volvoR »
Im not currently driving it, Its waiting in the garage until i can risk driving it to the shop.

I wouldnt risk it, just tow it. If you risk a drive with a leaking rad, you could leak it all out overheat and blow your headgasket...not fun

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Re: (SN00PY V3.0)

Quote, originally posted by SN00PY V3.0 »

I wouldnt risk it, just tow it. If you risk a drive with a leaking rad, you could leak it all out overheat and blow your headgasket...not fun

Head gasket would be the least of his worries. Warped head will result as well. Volvo heads do not take well to being heated up.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: (RECARO18)

Quote, originally posted by RECARO18 »
wish it was a wagon..

So do I.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 27 Posts