VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD

SOLD

86 GTI mostly stock in Northern NJ. 182k miles, stock 1.8 8v, 5spd. I drive it to work every day in the winter, less in the summer because its wearing snow tires. I mainly use it for carting around bikes and for driving to bad neighborhoods for work.

The Good:
Stock engine, runs great and idles smooth except for the first 30 seconds of idling on a hot day.
Trans is a good shape, clutch is good.
Sportline springs with good shocks, lower approx. 1.5".
Wheels: MK3 steelies with good snow tires.
Brakes: Stock 4-wheel discs. Recently replaced: pads, rotors, flex hoses, master cylinder. Upgraded rear calipers to MK4 style.
Bike rack may be included at the buyer's request. Bike mounts and ski carrier attachments not included.
Radio and 4 speakers ok.
Current NJ inspection (through 11/2010)

The Bad and/or Ugly:
The doors: the P.O. decided to install big window doors with a penetrating rust on the driver's door. I never got around to replacing them. Could probably trade those for clean small window doors.
There's some other rust, and a few dents. See photos.
Weatherstripping is worn.

The Deal:
Looking to sell it for $1000 or trade it for a reliable 2wd midsize pickup. Other interesting trades will be entertained.
PM me, I'll try to check in often.

·
Registered
42 Posts
whats up

i have an 94 geo tracker 152k 2wd you can lower it an make a sweet ride txt me at 7177013270 5spd great little project been looking for gti let me know the wife will be mad bt idont care

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
I am not interested in trading, but I have a clean 90 Ford ranger I am looking to get rid of if interested. It has 111k, 4 cyl, 5 speed, 2wd very well maintained. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i have a nice ghetto country car for you if youre interested. 98 pontiac sunfire 125xxx auto.
i also have a very nice 86 ford ranger with 169xxx auto. 4wd works good. if youre interested in the truck, all i have to do is order a new fuel pump and install it and its ready to go. was my first vehicle but i drive the car now because it was free to me and the ranger's fuel pump went out just after replacing new valve cover gaskets and sparkplugs. spray ether in the intake manifold and she fires right up. even sounds mean :thumbup:

i also have been saving up some cash. pm me back or send a text
570-444-4425 :sly:

·
Registered
67 Posts
i have a nice ghetto country car for you if youre interested. 98 pontiac sunfire 125xxx auto.
i also have a very nice 86 ford ranger 2.9L v6 with 169xxx auto. 4wd works good. if youre interested in the truck, all i have to do is order a new fuel pump and install it and its ready to go. was my first vehicle but i drive the car now because it was free to me and the ranger's fuel pump went out just after replacing new valve cover gaskets and sparkplugs. spray ether in the intake manifold and she fires right up. even sounds mean :thumbup:

i also have been saving up some cash. pm me back or send a text
570-444-4425 :sly:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Actually you're the second to ask about the rack... its homemade so i wouldn't say its worth that much. I'd also rather not sell the bike and ski mounts, as they are new.

If anyone wants the rack without the bike or ski mounts, just come get it for $50 obo.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.