VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have another thread or two on this but I thought I consolidate them. I thought I had this licked, but apparently not.

2007 GTI, 2.0T FSI. APR Stage 1, 90,000 miles, no other mods.

The engine is consuming oil at a rate of 1 qt every 200 miles. Yes, 200. (all grades experimented with 0W40, 5W40, 10w40, 15w40, 20w50).

No external leaks, no oil visible on the exterior of the engine.
Exhaust smoke in all conditions, heavy smoke under hard acceleration and high boost.

PCV valve replaced.
DV replaced.
Compression on all 4 cylinders checked (169, 174, 170, 180)
Turbo replaced.

So....all of that was done and the engine is STILL gulping oil at 1 qt every 200 miles. What the hell else can be the cause?
The only thing left is the rear breather and I'll do that for the hell of it but no one seems to think that'll fix it.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Pretty similar to your situation - mine is closer to every 300-500 miles though for a quart. 94,000 miles and the car has basically been like this as long as I can remember. I've just given up and drive the car.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I had good compression before and oil control rings were shot.

If you have replaced both pcv valves and turbo that would be the next step. Only thing else would be a valve seal but I wouldn't think it would use that much oil

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.