Registered
49 Posts
Stay away from Automax ijs

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I gotta 2.slow for sale, who wants it... :sly:
I am driving my sons new 2.slow.... I keep checking the e-brake to make sure it isn't on...
It is so slow,... the backup camera comes on in second gear.......
It is so slow..... I floored it from a light and had time to get out and check the oil...

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Stay away from Automax ijs

I was there today getting an oil change in the beetle. I could tell stories about that leach den all night. Did you get sucked into their claws?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I am driving my sons new 2.slow.... I keep checking the e-brake to make sure it isn't on...
It is so slow,... the backup camera comes on in second gear.......
It is so slow..... I floored it from a light and had time to get out and check the oil...
the super sad part is the 2.slow seems fast to me, cause I drive a 52HP mk2 and 90HP Mk4 normally... :facepalm:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was there today getting an oil change in the beetle. I could tell stories about that leach den all night. Did you get sucked into their claws?
I did! My wife was first and then me. I too could tell stories for days. I thought there was a separate section when they added the VW section but nope! It's surprising to see a "VW dealership" with every other make in there garage.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
the super sad part is the 2.slow seems fast to me, cause I drive a 52HP mk2 and 90HP Mk4 normally... :facepalm:
This is a new one, so 114HP in a 2015. I am wondering how far off the Power to Weight is in comparison.... Lol. probably close.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I did! My wife was first and then me. I too could tell stories for days. I thought there was a separate section when they added the VW section but nope! It's surprising to see a "VW dealership" with every other make in there garage.

I only take cars there for simple services that are not necessarily worth driving to Hewlett. Anything more than an oil change and I just drive to Georgetown. The service advisor I use at VW is awesome. He is great at customer service and following through to make sure I am happy. Unfortunately, his work ethic/knowledge level does not translate to the service techs.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Yesterday we got new wheels on the Jetta. Looks nice.

Got a list of things ordered for the beetle over the past two days:
RNS-315
LP Back-up Cam
Headlights (Projector & LED DRL)
19" Wheels

Gonna be a nice bug.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Wow.... This thread is completely dead....
Anyway, I officially purchased a Golf R today. Should be arriving in a few days or up to a couple weeks. Current ETA is 11/9, but it could come sooner.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Nice to see some new faces out tonight.

Still waiting on the new car. Got headlights on the beetle today. Much better night driving.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The RNS I got on Ebay has been a hassle. I am confident the controller is jacked and causing a failure to communicate with the CAN. Tried putting it in the Jetta and had the exact same results (codes). The seller is sending another unit in good faith. They have been very cooperative and maintained good communication. Couldn't ask for much better support from an Ebay seller (to this point).

Hopefully it gets here soon. Jackie is not happy driving around with her dash apart and open air vents.

On another note, the beetle feels great with the new wheels. The lower profile and lighter shoes definitely livens the car. A much sportier feel.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The replacement radio is here today. I hope it all goes well.

In other news, every one of you non-posting chumps deserve a Hyundai casket with a Suzuki liner and Kia handles.......

:peace:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I've seen a couple around, a few scirocco as well. Other than that, my mk2 is probably as close as it gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
very nice. think i may have seen you on the highway once before. mine is still in 'project mode' but it runs great! ill keep an eye out on the board for meets. i havent been on here in a while.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The board being slow is an understatement.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Seems to be the case on most forums.
They are dying as a social hub against the abomination known as Social Media.... As long as people contribute knowledge to the forums as repair and maintenance archives, they will stay alive as reference sources for the DIY enthusiasts out there.

I wanted to come out to Rosa's last week, but was working. :( I want to be mad about it, but I kinda like money and stuff. It helps me to buy cars and toys. ;)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
My car was finally delivered to the dealer. Going to pick it up tomorrow. :beer:

9741 - 9760 of 9803 Posts