VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

9761 - 9780 of 9803 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Picked her up and put her in the garage. She is home now. The pic is nothing special. Just her trying our her new driveway.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
nice pick up!!!
Thanks.

I took a ride out to Belton to pickup my new phone from UPS. My wife drove the R back. She let out quite a few giggles and a couple "GET TEH PHCK OUT THE WAY" comments to other cars. :laugh: I think they will get along great!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
So far,
MKVII = :thumbup:
MKVII R = :eek::laugh:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Got the Austin job :thumbup:
Will be a long drive till we move closer. Fortunately, the R will make for a nice drive. :D

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Keeping the dream alive, amongst all this dead space.....
You sucka's

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I think so. The family may come for a Thursday line-up.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have not been on this thing in a long time, feels good to be back.. I have a question... I have an B7 S4 and today it threw a code... Number P0431... I googled it and a lot of people that have had this issue say it's the cat itself... Now since we are not emission strict I wanted to use some test pipes... Has anyone tried these with a car like this or any of your personal cars?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I have not been on this thing in a long time, feels good to be back.. I have a question... I have an B7 S4 and today it threw a code... Number P0431... I googled it and a lot of people that have had this issue say it's the cat itself... Now since we are not emission strict I wanted to use some test pipes... Has anyone tried these with a car like this or any of your personal cars?
I'm not that Audi suave, but I believe it would be fine. I think you will need a vcds change to remove the CE light due to the lack of sensors. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Some people are saying that I would need a O2 spacer for the rear... I have never messed with exhaust stuff like this... In both my old GTI's I ran an open down pipe(1.8t)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
If you live in a place that doesn't do emissions, your only concern would be the check engine light. Sometimes using O2 spacers will be enough, but sometimes they're not adequate enough to eliminate the CEL on the newer, more sensative cars.

Another solution would be upgrading software. Most tuning companies will disable the CEL with their Stage 2 software, which is optimized for use with an exhaust. If you already have a Stage 1 "tune" you should be able to upgrade for a small fee. Unitronic, APR and Revo are all good options available locally. My preference would be Unitronic.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Anyone coming out tonight?

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Anyone coming out tonight?
Family time swallowed me this holiday.
Starting 2016 GTG night will be Wednesday instead of Thursday.

Maybe we can get more people to show up when Ft. HOOD has early out.

If it d9esmt work out we will go back to Thursdays.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
apparently thursdays are early release days, but wednesday anyways because just trying to shake things up. hopefully it fits schedules better

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
apparently thursdays are early release days, but wednesday anyways because just trying to shake things up. hopefully it fits schedules better
I was wondering where you got early Wednesday from.... Anyway, I always liked Thursday. Not sure changing to Wednesday would make much difference. I think most people are familiar with that night as GTG. My opinion doesn't matter much though. I don't plan on being around much past a few months. Went looking at houses in Austin this past weekend. We hope to initite the transition in the next 90 days.

You missed a hard core family representation last Thursday. The whole family rolled up representing thier "new" VWs. James was excited to finaly be driving his new ride. I actually need to help him de-badge before he heads out tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
I was wondering where you got early Wednesday from.... Anyway, I always liked Thursday. Not sure changing to Wednesday would make much difference. I think most people are familiar with that night as GTG. My opinion doesn't matter much though. I don't plan on being around much past a few months. Went looking at houses in Austin this past weekend. We hope to initite the transition in the next 90 days.

You missed a hard core family representation last Thursday. The whole family rolled up representing thier "new" VWs. James was excited to finaly be driving his new ride. I actually need to help him de-badge before he heads out tomorrow.

My brain wasnt functioning well yesterday.

Anyways, it wont matter much because i am leaving texas in June. I wanted to hand the group off to someone who is planning on staying but at this point i think it will end up becoming a place to say hello and keep up with others, at least on vortex and fb.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well I was going to post up my Gen2 Haldex Sport Controller for sale here but I think I have better odds on the Penny saver :facepalm: ($500 for any Centex dubber).

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Well I was going to post up my Gen2 Haldex Sport Controller for sale here but I think I have better odds on the Penny saver :facepalm: ($500 for any Centex dubber).
Will it add AWD to my Beetle?

9761 - 9780 of 9803 Posts