It totally would but it's sold already.

Thanks for the interest and good luck with your FWD Beetle. 😁

·
Registered
4,777 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Keep me posted if you guys decide to switch back.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
it may not last long.

honestly

like i said its a trial run

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
On the 20th of February there is going to be a car wash/BBQ/swap meet at Brink Motorsports.

If anyone is interested in going, supposed to be a nice turnout.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
So, i went to georgia on the day of the hard rain march 9th. As we were driving towards La, there were signs that said that I-20 was closed and there would be detours. We got about 50 miles into La, and began following detours, but the problem was that the detours... had detours...

Two separate times our Honda Pilot almost got washed away, but we managed to make it through the high rising water okay.

what should have taken 2 hours or so to drive through La, it took us 6 hours.

flash forward to the day we are supposed to be coming back to Tx. La, is underwater. cant leave on that day. (sunday 13) we decide to leave a few days later to let the water go down.

we leave and the passat TDI that i had been waiting on was driving fine, but suddenly about 100 miles into the trip, the steering splines came undone from the u joint and i lost control and went into a median wall. so pressed on the brakes at 80mph to slow down without steering and bumped the wall o nthe drivers side. I THOUGHT the car was ****ed. but apparently the walls are shaped in such a way that the wheels are the only thing that really get damaged in an impact, well at least the way i hit the wall.

i didnt know what had happened, but once i identified the issue i was able to mend the part and turn around and drive back the 100 miles to Atlanta to where my friends house was so that he could fix the issue properly, because it was a temporary fix.

after i dropped off the kids and wife and dogs, i left my mother in laws house to my friends house and the turbo began to whistle doubly loud as usual. then i lost boost.

i managed to limp the car the 25 miles or so to my buddies house and he took apart the intake to find that the turbo had taken a **** and dumped oil.

so now, i am trying to sell my wheels and car parts so that i can afford a new turbo from Kerma and a chip tune so i can get the hybrid turbo set up.

yay

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Soooo, anything good happen on the trip?

Glad you're all safe and sound.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Soooo, anything good happen on the trip?

Glad you're all safe and sound.

Got to see some old friends, went to a wedding with my wife, had dinner at an old boss' restaurant, and wnjoyed a few bottles of Sake. Other than that, really just relaxed and tinkered on my buddies 81 diesel caddy and his ragtop beetle.
How about you buddy?
Hows everyone else been?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Got to see some old friends, went to a wedding with my wife, had dinner at an old boss' restaurant, and wnjoyed a few bottles of Sake. Other than that, really just relaxed and tinkered on my buddies 81 diesel caddy and his ragtop beetle.
How about you buddy?
Hows everyone else been?
Super busy with great things, but nothing really fun. We have a house on contract in Leander. We will be moving in the next 2-3 weeks. Our K-Town house is almost ready to hit the market. Blew a tire on the R and had to have it replaced. Then Discount Tire messed up the 3SDMs on Jackie's Beetle. As always, they are making things right. I expect the wheels to come back from refinishing next week.

I'm about to list a bunch of MK3 and a bit of MK5 stuff. Gotta clear out the parts. The MK5/6 tow kit is going to up for grabs as well.

·
Registered
463 Posts
When is VW Car Show at Belton, Tx Confederate Park?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Anyone know of a shop in the area that will pass tint for an inspection? The dealer I got my gli from screwed me and called me 3 weeks later saying they forgot to do the inspection and well my tint won't pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I had a long run in Killeen (15 years :what: ) and I didn't realize how nice it would be to get away until I got away. We are not far away and will probably see some of you at other Texas events. If you're driving through North Austin area, swing by and hang out.

Thanks to all who put a solid effort into keeping the VAG family alive. We had fun and it manage to bring together some good people. :peace:

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
I had a long run in Killeen (15 years :what: ) and I didn't realize how nice it would be to get away until I got away. We are not far away and will probably see some of you at other Texas events. If you're driving through North Austin area, swing by and hang out.

Thanks to all who put a solid effort into keeping the VAG family alive. We had fun and it manage to bring together some good people. :peace:
I have been in Florida since early June, and i have to say... I love it down here. I dont miss Killeen all that much. I did however get to see my long time best friend, Chuckler3 (Charlie).

Im happy to see and hear that the group is doing well, via Facebook. I have a lot going on with my new job and have been juggling cars for a few months because one goes down and the other one gets back up and running. Then the good car goes down and the other one pops back to life. its a vicious cycle.

Hope everyone is doing well, and while i dont miss Killeen, i do miss my friends.

:pumpkin::pumpkin::pumpkin:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Hope everyone is doing well, and while i dont miss Killeen, i do miss my friends.

:pumpkin::pumpkin::pumpkin:

^-- This says it all.

·
Registered
44 Posts
^-- This says it all.
I know how you feel... but at least I go back up there at least a couple times a month to the Temple VA and see some to best friends, well the only ones that didn't try f***ing my wife when I was deployed.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
I know how you feel... but at least I go back up there at least a couple times a month to the Temple VA and see some to best friends, well the only ones that didn't try f***ing my wife when I was deployed.
Luckily i never had that problem.

·
Registered
463 Posts
So who is in charge now?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
A friend named David.

Hes running the page along with another friend, Thanh.

other than that, no one is really running anything, i think that they may have stopped going to Rosa's altogether now, since that was the last place that was destined for the car meets.

9781 - 9800 of 9803 Posts