VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suppose it's a longshot, but is there anyone in Germany who'd like to trade their Ocean variant tails (with the clear turn signal strip) for my all-red north american tails? IM me or reply here if you do, or know someone who does!
Thanks!
--Chris

· Registered
260 Posts
Re: FT: my NA MKIV variant tails for your Ocean variant tails (Nihilator)

try the classifieds...read the other For trade and Want to buys in here.

Modified by bmf31c at 5:52 AM 9-13-2005

Modified by bmf31c at 5:55 PM 9-15-2005

· Registered
1,070 Posts
Re: FT: my NA MKIV variant tails for your Ocean variant tails (bmf31c)

Or just check the German eBay i would imagine they come up on there!
Or maybe i have one of those 'trading' tree's that has all the parts the US guys want. Like HID lights, textured bumpers, let me go check....
.... yeah found it, its right next to my money tree that have!

· Registered
1,070 Posts

Seriously though, not wanting to cause offence (see a previous thread in here, not that i caused any offence). We get a lot of people coming to this section asking for "swaps" or "can you get me this Euro part", etc.
Any way try going to http://www.ebay.de and put this into the search field
golf 4 rückleuchten
It should give you a listing of lights, also try substituing the '4' for the roman numeral, 'IV'. Hope that helps!

· Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: FT: my NA MKIV variant tails for your Ocean variant tails (mattwelcer)

Quote, originally posted by mattwelcer »
Seriously though, not wanting to cause offence (see a previous thread in here, not that i caused any offence). We get a lot of people coming to this section asking for "swaps" or "can you get me this Euro part", etc.

Yeah, sorry if it's misplaced, but it seemed like the best place to ask. See below.

Any way try going to http://www.ebay.de and put this into the search field
golf 4 rückleuchten
It should give you a listing of lights, also try substituing the '4' for the roman numeral, 'IV'. Hope that helps!

I've actually already got a "favorite search" for "(golf,bora) variant rückleuchten (4,iv)" on ebay.de. The problem is, when Ocean variant tails come up, they're generally the most expensive tails on the site and if that wasn't enough, shipping is like $45 on top of it.
Since NA tails are popular in europe, I thought maybe I could find someone to trade with.
Quote, originally posted by bmf31c »
this is not the classifieds

Thank you, that was helpful.
There is a regional classifieds only for Canada. Sure, I could put it in the MKIV classifieds, but it's highly unlikely to be noticed. Putting it in the German regional forum was the best option available, even if it wasn't technically the correct place for it.
Thanks for the bumps!
--Chris

· Registered
1,070 Posts

Trading isn't really something thats done to my experience in Germany so it will be difficult to get a trade. Also we are a really small group on here maybe 20 people tops and maybe not all are active on a regular basis.
What i would advise is going to some of the German (speaking) forums and try and get a post put up on there, maybe offering a trade. If you need help with your German then post on here, i am sure people will help. Alternatively i think $45 is not a bad price for shipping, remember Germany isn't quite next door!
Try these forums as a place to start!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
http://www.motor-talk.de
http://www.golfv.de
Good luck with your search!
PS
I can get you the part number and then you could see how much it would cost to get it through your local VW dealer as i have a copy of ETKA!

· Registered
260 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Nihilator »

Thank you, that was helpful.

I edited my response before anyone replied, but thanks for being witty.

· Registered
260 Posts

anyway matt is right on target, you are highly unlikely to find anyone to trade. dealer is probably your best bet.

· Registered
1,624 Posts

Edited for my two faced attitude
we def need a sticky....
Pm me if you need help

Modified by BigWaveDave at 2:08 PM 9-13-2005

· Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: FT: my NA MKIV variant tails for your Ocean variant tails (PoweredByG60)

Quote, originally posted by PoweredByG60 »

http://www.in-pro.de/shop/pict...0.jpg
these what your looking for?
havent found any lights for a variant, dont remember seeing any different lights on one in 2 yrs here, they are all over mk3/4 golfs, not wagons

Oh, good god no! The tails I'm looking for are OEM, and they came on the Ocean edition of the golf variant.
It's kind of tough to see in this pic, but these are what I'm talking about. Instead of the standard amber turn signal, the plastic is clear, with an amber bulb:

--Chris

· Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: FT: my NA MKIV variant tails for your Ocean variant tails (BigWaveDave)

Quote, originally posted by BigWaveDave »
so i looked into it and he did not want to pay for them. he can get them in the states...

I appreciate you looking into that for me, Dave, but $230 shipped is more than it costs me to buy them from either of the two places (at least) that stock them here (parts4vws.com and hillsideimports.com). Plus, it doesn't help out someone in europe who may be looking for all-red tails, which is part of why I started this "for trade" thread in the first place.
Still looking to trade!
--Chris

· Registered
1,070 Posts

How does it 'help out someone in europe, who may be looking for all-red tails'?
If you can get them cheaper from parts4vw then go there instead o winging and complaining about the shipping costs, save yourself the hassle. As i pointed out, trading doesn't really happen in Europe, you won't get something for nothing which seems to be what your implying by 'trading'.
maybe its time another 'i want to trade my US items for...' thread was locked by a mod

· Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

How does it 'help out someone in europe, who may be looking for all-red tails'?
If you can get them cheaper from parts4vw then go there instead o winging and complaining about the shipping costs, save yourself the hassle. As i pointed out, trading doesn't really happen in Europe, you won't get something for nothing which seems to be what your implying by 'trading'.
maybe its time another 'i want to trade my US items for...' thread was locked by a mod

Okay, well, first of all I'm not whining and complaining about shipping costs...I know they're high. It *is* a hassle, but sometimes our cars are worth the hassle, right?
Until you mentioned it, I was unaware that Europeans 'didn't trade', although frankly I don't understand why that would be. And I also don't expect something for nothing; I'm willing to kick in some cash to make it worth someone's while, and I'm willing to find a spare pair of NA tails over here to ship first.
And finally (and I don't get why you don't get this), I'm looking to 'help out someone in europe, who may be looking for all-red tails' because it's a TRADE. They get my NA tails (plus cash), I get their Ocean tails, and we split the shipping costs by each having to ship essentially the same package. It helps someone out because they get something they want, but isn't available in their area.
Find someone to lock it if that's the way you feel about it.
--Chris

· Registered
1,070 Posts

Hmm i am not sure if you get it

Like i said trading doesn't really take place here, its just a different way of thinking thats all. It kind of happens all round the world i guess thats why we have wars because people think differently but any way that something else not to get into... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I don't know many tuned Variants here in Europe so the chances of somebody wanting some all red lights is very slim. Like is said try out some actual German forums and post in there. Your more likely to hit the target audience you desire!
I don't want the thread to get locked TBH but if its just gonna degenerate into some sort of argument then it probably will get locked unfortunately. We have all tried to help in the best way that we can and offered alternative solutions to you getting the tail lights you need! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
And finally i do get it, i get it all but i think you are the one that doesn't get it. Seriously if you look through the history of this particular section its historically filled with 'trades' and most just don't come off. Because the majority of people in this section are actually from the US or a few guys that speak really good English. So you really are advertising to a niche group of people. So your not really helping anybody out because there just isn't the demand for all red tailights for a Variant in this section.

I wish you luck in getting them and 'if i should' come across a person who wants the N/A tailights i will know who to direct them too! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
260 Posts

Should have taken my advice to begin with. Read the posts.
There is no use in trying to convince him Matt. No one is going to be interested in tradin with him, let him figure it that out on his own.
You hit the nail on the head once again though. Good luck finding a modded MkIV wagon....I can't even remember the last time I've seen a MKIV wagon, I don't think they are too popular in Europe.
Hopefully the mod will lock the topic and this will be over with.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.