VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Fuba antenna or one of those futuristic...

768 views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  JettaTournament 
#1 ·
antennas. The short stubby ones measuring to about half the length of a fuba. The ones with the silver bar in the middle where it tapers off to a lesser degree. Is my jetta round enough to have one of those or do you think that jettas are still too boxy. The fuba looks fine. They came stock on our A2's. But what if I were to install a different antenna? Specifically the one I described above. Would it look good or would it look rice?

#6 ·
Re: Fuba antenna or one of those futuristic... (16vnotchback)

It looks like the one clickhappy posted up except it just cuts off right where the second black quarter starts. The top part's black and in the center is a silver ring. It's not cylindrical. It's more of an oval from the top sorta like a cylinder with a length longer than it's width. But seeing that antenna give me ideas....

#14 ·
Re: Fuba antenna or one of those futuristic... (duff_man2000)

I once tried to stick a real fuba on with some double sided tape. Suffice to say the fuba flew off. You might be wondering how I tried to accomplish this. I got this fuba that I was planning to install from the wreckers. When I found that I had to drill through the roof I said screw it. I cut the lower core out and grinded the surface, stuck it on with some double sided tape and raced a lexus ES300. I wasn't wearing any shoes either. Dusted it and came home to find that my fuba was gone. I went back out to look for it and found it by the side of the road. I restuck it back on and every time it just flew off. I don't know how many times this happened but eventually I just gave up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.