VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the forums and could not find anything on this for the 16v .... I know there is a fuel enrichment box you can buy to give you a little more power...my question is...
1. what is the true purpose of the box (like is it just to kick in the fuel enrichment button sooner?)
2. I've also heard that people make their own...anyone have a link on how this is done?
thanx

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Re: fuel enrichment (German Muscle)

basically what it is is a relay that kicks in when the full throttle switch is hit. this relay clicks on a circuit that is either run through a resistor, or a potentiometer (for adjustable). This circuit basically fools your engine into thinking it's cold. 16v's lean out as the engine warms up (why, I dunno) but the "powermodule" allows the fuel mixture to remain rich when in the higher rpms.
http://www.geocities.com/turbogti2000/tech/pmod.html

[Modified by Mbiggy, 9:23 AM 4-13-2002]

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: fuel enrichment (Mbiggy)

thank you very much...I'll be playing with it as soon as it dries up

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Re: fuel enrichment (Geo)

realy ez to make, you can find everything but the male and female 2-prong connectors at RadioShack. One suggestion I do have, is to leave a good amount of wire from the 2-prong connectors so you have an easy place to fit it all. (everything packs nicely into a plastic soap dish, just drill a hole for the wires, and a hole for the Pot.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.