VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a post over in the MK IV forum about changing fuel filters. It got me thinking that I should change mine here soon. Has anyone done this job themselves. Where on the car is the filter located. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Re: Fuel Filter (NBracer8)

It's pretty easy. It's located on the rear passenger side, a little bit in front of the rear wheel. You need to undo the little hose clips on each end of the filter and undo the metal strap that holds it in. The clips can be frustrating to undo...the same clips are used at other fuel line connections around there, so look at them first to see how they work. As far as worrying about gas pouring out once you unconnect the lines...it's only like 6oz or something, plus whatevers in the filter. I undid the front clip and had rags and a jar ready to avoid a little mess.
Anyways, it's not hard to do and can be done in like 15-20 min at most.
hope this helps
dan g

·
Registered
13,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Fuel Filter (blksabbath)

Thanks a lot Dan. I think I will get this done this week. The car seems to be running a bit sluggish, and I think that is the culprit as i have replaced a lot of the other parts that would cause said symptoms.

·
Registered
954 Posts
The best way not to get fuel in your eye is to remove a line from the old filter, then use one of the dustcaps from the new filter and plug it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: Fuel Filter (NBracer8)

I changed mine at 60,000 and wish I changed it every 30,000. I was suprised to see all the black particles come out on the "inlet" side of the filter and the clear fuel come out on the "Outlet" side.
Barry

·
Registered
349 Posts
i'm at 60ooo now i just finally did my plugs and i still have some hesitation and i was running lean. filter sound like i'm in need of a new one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts