VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 348 Posts

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this year I've been in the process of respraying my car and getting to where I want it. It's been a long arduous task with many setbacks. Luckily, I have had a lot of help from friends and my brother that has helped to lighten the load. Some of you may remember the car, 92 GTI, alpine white, corrado swapped VR6, gold bbs'. My goal was accentuate the good, improve on the bad(ie rust, past body work mistakes by previous owners), and make a overall decent daily driver that showcases some rare parts. As you will see further on, its been a process of parts hoarding that goes back about 5 years. Waiting for the perfect car.

Last picture of the car Fall '09

My plans include:
Full respray L9OE.
Full leather interior.
262 cams.
Reconditioned RMs 15x8
Happiches.
Shaved fenders.
Shaved and centered wiper holes.
Red Samco hoses.

The tear down started early May with the majority of the engine bay work going to July. We got the engine out and discover the rust was worse than I thought. I had friends helping me out on their spare time with welding so it took longer than I would have wished but I'm thankful for the free work. Anyway, onto the pictures.

The best use of a mkIV

While the welding was going on, I gradually gutted the interior.

The night before it left for the body shop, all ready to go.

That is basically where I have been for the rest of the summer. I took it to shop that does great work but is a one man operation. I decided to have it done right the first time so I don't have to go back and do it again a few years down the road. It was originally promised for late August but now has been pushed back another month. I should now be getting the car back September 15th and the goal is to have it finished for Fall Show'n Go in October.

·
Registered
291 Posts

·
Registered
18,689 Posts
if you want to run a mono wiper, then to have it "perfect", then the hole for the arm needs to be centered at the center of the windshield. :beer:

many simply fill the passenger side hole, and run a mono wiper out of the remaining driver hole, but to a "perfectionist", the hole is off center, and therefore undesirable. :thumbup:

·
Registered
291 Posts
if you want to run a mono wiper, then to have it "perfect", then the hole for the arm needs to be centered at the center of the windshield. :beer:

many simply fill the passenger side hole, and run a mono wiper out of the remaining driver hole, but to a "perfectionist", the hole is off center, and therefore undesirable. :thumbup:

Makes sense.. thanks :thumbup:

·
Registered
46,359 Posts
i didnt realize how rough this car actually was :(

i cant wait to see the outcome :)

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah me too :banghead: It was a California car and was told that as a selling point. But with spending 70% of its life on the east coast, its not really a selling point anymore.

Dan, I have a picture of the wagon from dubs on the delaware that turned out pretty good. I'll send it.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
It's spelled Cecco, but that don't matter. I'm still wondering why one random euro spec G60/edition one fender was randomly in the US warehouses. Glad its going to a nice car.

1 - 20 of 348 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.