VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do fuel injectors have a life expectancy? I'm about to do an intake cleaning at 150,000 miles and am trying to convince myself to return the injectors that I ordered (cost $360) or just replace them at this age with the manifold off. I'm sure mine are original.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I had 58k on my oem set...and about 65k on the S3's now. I think my S3's are in need of replacement now, but won't know if so until I replace them soon. Then I hope to see if they were causing a low rpm stutter when I get on the throttle lightly and I also have a lower than 140bar specified rail pressure right now and mileage has dropped so I struggle to see 23mpg now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I regularly see 29-30mpg and although I don't think my idle is perfect it's definitely not bad. I assume you are tuned if you are running s3 injectors, I'd bet that contributes to your's low life assuming they are bad. Can I measure rail pressure with VCDS or only with a gauge?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I regularly see 29-30mpg and although I don't think my idle is perfect it's definitely not bad. I assume you are tuned if you are running s3 injectors, I'd bet that contributes to your's low life assuming they are bad. Can I measure rail pressure with VCDS or only with a gauge?
Yes...tuned. I have a K04. My mpg used to be 27.5 to 29.0 with the K04 as is...now it is barely ever 24.0. Rail pressure is block 230 with vcds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.