VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i have an 87 16v scirocco with a 9A block and some other mods as seen in sig and i have a question about fuel injectors. i've been running the stock PL injectors which i assume are #0 437 502 045. but mine are leaking so today i picked up some from a 9A passat which are # 0 437 502 043 and are specified for Motronic. so can i still use these in my car? does anyone know what the difference is? they look identical and i usually thought motronic had a separate electrical connection at each injector but i guess not.
so any info much appreciated.

Modified by superloaf at 6:22 PM 4-18-2010

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
The only difference really is the thread pitch on the injector where the fuel line screws on.
Virtual World carries both styles, and also used to carry a threaded adapter pieces you would need to run motronic injectors with non-motronic fuel lines.
You can see the difference on his website:
cis non-motronic

motronic

Modified by -camber at 9:15 PM 4-18-2010

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, camber.
do you know if they flow the same? just wondering why they changed the threads.

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
From what I've read, all CIS injectors flow the same...even the Mercedes injectors when compared to VW.
The flow rate is pretty much controlled by the metering plate size/shape and the fuel dizzy.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also, i read somewhere that the impedance was different between them.
and can't find any adapters unless you happen to know the size/type of threads they both have?

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
Impedence??...these are mechanical injectors, not electronic.
Give Mike a call re: the adaptors....not sure if he stocks them still but he might have a lead.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: (-camber)

Quote, originally posted by -camber »
Impedence??...these are mechanical injectors, not electronic.
Give Mike a call re: the adaptors....not sure if he stocks them still but he might have a lead.

yeah, i know. i was thinking that after posting but thought maybe they were thinking impedance in the flow through them.
do you know if i get the Motronic fuel lines, can just i use them and connect them to my fuel distro?

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
Yeah, you can use motronic lines but they are lengthed/bent for passenger side fuel distributors so they might look sloppy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts